Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up for telecommuters or drafting contractors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
heryford
114 Views, 1 Reply

Setting up for telecommuters or drafting contractors

To start, I am a structural engineer not an IT guy so my ignorance may be obivous regarding networking and software stuff-

I'm a one-man show right now with just a single stand-alone license for LT 2014. I'm  looking in to bringing on someone to help with rudimentary 2-D drafting work-very basic stuff.  I'm not quite ready for a formal "employee", so I would like to set up a secure server that someone could access via internet (say a VPN, password protected with very limited access to files/folders) and use my autocad from my server.  I don't want to "give" them a copy that they can go off and use on their own, and I don't want them to be able to download files to their own couputer (need to protect my intellectual property).

I'll look into the download security aspect with an IT consultant, but I what want to know from people here is-is it possible to use autocad only on MY network, i.e. do they need autocad installed on their computer to use it, and if there is no way around that, can it be set up so they can only use it if they have access to my network to activate the license? Otherwise, I either bring them into my home office to work or set up an office off-site for them to come and work-just not quite ready for that yet.

Thanks for your input

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: heryford

For licensing, maybe use desktop rental. For files, maybe use Autodesk Vault.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/11/quick-start-setting-up-your-autodesk-desktop-rent...

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report