Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Backburner and 3DSmax

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
363 Views, 1 Reply

Setting up Backburner and 3DSmax

Hi,

I am currentrly setting trying to set up backburner.

We have got a new server with 2x16 core cpu,s (running windows server 2008R2). It will be one render node + the clients.

Can anobody explain to me the following:

I plan to run both Server and Manager on this machine, but does it need a full installation of 3Dmax of just backburner?

I have set up a share for texture maps and render output. Will it be anything more?.

My problem is that I got a message that there are no valid server for processing the job.

I think there is something I must have missed.

Thanks

Roger

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am currentrly setting trying to set up backburner.

We have got a new server with 2x16 core cpu,s (running windows server 2008R2). It will be one render node + the clients.

Can anobody explain to me the following:

I plan to run both Server and Manager on this machine, but does it need a full installation of 3Dmax of just backburner?

Thanks

Roger

yes if you plan on using it for rendering then it will need an installation of 3ds max since 3ds max is the one doing the rendering it does not require addtional licenses

i don't know how good the performance will be if it is also the manger  this may not be a good idea

but someone else will need to chime in if this has worked for them

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report