Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a sam report log.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
donovan_cox
336 Views, 1 Reply

Setting up a sam report log.

I'm trying to set up sam report, i think i'm following the directions. What i'm having problems with is getting the license deamon to generate a report.rl file for me. I've set up an options file containing a string for where to create the log, and it includes a license timeout. When i check my server logs after starting i get an error, and no logs generated. Did i screw up somewhere in my syntax?

Options file text
REPORTLOG [+]"h:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl"

TIMEOUTALL 600

when i check my server log i get the following

15:29:55 (adskflex) Rereading options file...

15:29:55 (adskflex) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 600 seconds

15:29:55 (adskflex) Reread REPORTLOG switched to [+] "H:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl

15:29:55 (adskflex) Can't open report log file [+] "H:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl: Invalid argument, 253

15:29:55 (adskflex) ...Finished rereading
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: donovan_cox

well just so ya'll know I know why it didn't work. I had a case of bad syntax. the brackets around the plus sign didn't belong. I also seemed to have needed 2 spaces between reportlog and the + REPORTLOG [+]"h:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl" "donovanc" wrote in message news:4024224.1092257427624.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I'm trying to set up sam report, i think i'm following the directions. What i'm having problems with is getting the license deamon to generate a report.rl file for me. I've set up an options file containing a string for where to create the log, and it includes a license timeout. When i check my server logs after starting i get an error, and no logs generated. Did i screw up somewhere in my syntax? > > Options file text > REPORTLOG [+]"h:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl" > > TIMEOUTALL 600 > > > when i check my server log i get the following > > 15:29:55 (adskflex) Rereading options file... > > 15:29:55 (adskflex) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 600 seconds > > 15:29:55 (adskflex) Reread REPORTLOG switched to [+] "H:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl > > 15:29:55 (adskflex) Can't open report log file [+] "H:\tech\Sam_Report_Logs\report.rl: Invalid argument, 253 > > 15:29:55 (adskflex) ...Finished rereading

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report