Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack for Navisworks Manage 2014 will not install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pvillella
656 Views, 4 Replies

Service Pack for Navisworks Manage 2014 will not install

We have several users that cannot get the service pack to install for either Navisworks Manage 2014 or Navisworks Simulate 2014. I have attempted to install it on my own system and experience the same issue.

The service pack downloaded just fine. It starts, says 'Gathering System Info' then just disappears. The software is never updated and the installer fails.

We've downloaded the SP twice - directly from Autodesk.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-...

I've done searches and have found other customers complaining about this installer, as well. It fails.
We are using the 64 bit service pack.
Manage 2014 is installed just fine on our systems. We just can't get the service pack to install.
I just did a system restart and attempted the service pack install with nothing running and virus protection turned off.
The install just fails. I don't know what else to try.

Here is a link to a screencast I did of the failure:
http://www.screencast.com/users/patrick-at-cadsoft/folders/Jing/media/faa63034-d0c4-4ee9-9252-9f0486...

Thank you,

Patrick

Patrick  Villella, LEED AP
AEC Technical Consultant

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: pvillella

Is your Navisworks from one of the suites, or a stand-alone?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
pvillella
in reply to: dgorsman

It was installed from a Suite. Should it matter? The Autodesk site only lists 1 download for Navisworks Manage 2014. I don't see a unique link for a Suite version.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-...

AEC Technical Consultant

Message 4 of 5
pvillella

Actually one seat on a system is installed from a Navisworks Manage point product (single product) install, so that seems to rule it out.

Neither install will take the service pack.

It appears that if the original installation is not present (or the original media it was installed from) that the service pack install fails without any notification. The roamer.msi file needs to be in its original location, though the service pack install doesn't prompt you or let you browse to it like most other Autodesk products do.

AEC Technical Consultant

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

A remember a number of other users running into problems with Navisworks products installed from the suites.  A quick search in the Navisworks forum should pick them out.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report