Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
warrenandy
124 Views, 2 Replies

Server Transition?

We are getting ready to install a new Vault and Licensing Server. When we do, we are going to upgrade to 2013 on everything and the latest LMTools w the 2013 seats. What happens to borrowed seats if I turn one server off and the new one on? Would it be like they were never checked out? I am going to try to get as many back as I can but some people are on Job sites with no VPN. What will happen if they bring one back and reconnect to the network, will that blow me up?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: warrenandy

it will be like they never checked out a license since it will a brand new license file

it will error out if they try to return the license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

when they are back in the office

have them do method 2 on this link:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10305068&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report