Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Licensing Upgrade V2006 to V2010

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
csmithIT
232 Views, 1 Reply

Server Licensing Upgrade V2006 to V2010

I have a small number of users running AutoCAD 2006.  The PC's authenticate to a license server running LMTools to manage the AutoCAD sessions.  I also have a deploy image that I use when a new user needs to have AutoCAD installed.

Some of the users' hardware needs to be upgraded.  Two of the users have contemporary hardware and need to upgrade to AutoCAD 2010 to maintain compatibility with an engineering firm they are coordinating with.

I'm looking for an installation strategy.  I would like to upgrade the LMTOOLs on the server and create a new deploy image that will install AutoCAD 2010.  I would then uninstall 2006 from the fast machines and deploy AutoCAD 2010 on them.

At the same time, will the AutoCAD 2010 LMTOOLs utility continue to service the old AutoCAD 2006 requests as well as the new AutoCAD 2010 requests?  If they have 10 licenses, would LMTOOLs only allow 10 active sessions of AutoCAD regardless of version?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: csmithIT

10 total licenses of 2010 and 2006 or 10 for each version for a total of 20?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report