Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server fried and need help with lic file on new server

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Cookssaw
349 Views, 9 Replies

Server fried and need help with lic file on new server

We recently had lightning fry our server and our outside IT guy has not had any success getting our Inventor 2012 to work on the new server.

He said it has to do with the lic file and that it was hard coded on the old server's network card.

However, there's not way to retrieve that from the old server. 

He has had no success emailing Autodesk to get a new lic issued. Can someone at Autodesk please help.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cookssaw
in reply to: Cookssaw

Can someone from Autodesk please offer some help?

Message 3 of 10
ampster401

hang in there.  This forum is (I hope) monitored more closely by Autodesk employees than most of the other forums Autodesk provides, due to the topic of the forum itself.

But for the most part, Autodesk created these forums for end users to discuss and work out issues with Autodesk products between themselves.  Every now and then an Autodesk person replies to some of the posts in other forums, but I believe this forum gets more attention.

But don't be mistaken thinking this is the method to contact Autodesk directly for support - your best bet if you need immediate attention would be to contact your VAR and obtain person to person support thru them.

Message 4 of 10
Cookssaw
in reply to: ampster401

Thanks for the reply.

Our first action was to go through Novedge who sold us the software. After multiple tries he said it looks like Autodesk is unwilling to help.
So we got our IT guy to go through Autodesk directly and he filled out all the the information they needed but he was unable to ever get a response and after multiple tries he finally gave up as well.

So that is why I'm here trying to get help because I don't know what else to do. We've been with Inventor since we had version 11 and to not get any help is frustrating considering the money spent over the years on upgrades.

Message 5 of 10
TravisNave

Your reseller can get you a new license file, or you can get one yourself at http://register.autodesk.com.

Does your IT still have the original LIC from the old dead server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 10
Cookssaw
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

Our IT said the original LIC was unobtainable from the old server.

Also, our IT has gone this route multiple times trying to obtain a new LIC (link you provided) and received no reply. However, I have not personally done it since he is the one who knows what needs to be filled out.

I will see if he is willing to try it again.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

I hear ya.  If you could somehow magically acquire the old license file, you might be in business.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 10
Cookssaw

I wish it was that easy but our office (butler builing) took a direct lightning hit that took out over 6K worth of equipment and there was no salvaging our nic card from the server.

Anyway our IT tried again yesterday using the link and when he enters the serial number it gives an error that the serial number is invalid.

Any idea what to do now?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 10
TravisNave

The invalid serial is pretty common.  You might start here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-S...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 10
Cookssaw

Thanks Travis. I'll pass this on to our IT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report