Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

SFOXSHS
Message 1 of 13 (746 Views)
Accepted Solution

Serial Numbers is invalid

746 Views, 12 Replies
01-31-2013 10:06 AM

We have had to reinstall on a student computer and the message Serial # is invalid.  Been trying to fix this for a month,  any suggestions?

Hello Sabrina!

Could be a few issues causing the invalid serial number error.

Most common, is AutoCAD for Mac 2012, that either requires the student download the latest release, or install in trial mode and install on first run. Additionally, there is a known issue with random Education Community profiles that prevents the licensing info from communicating properly and spits out that error as a result. A workaround for that scenario is to simply create a new account with a different email address.

I'd be more than happy to look into it if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number, product info, and students email address.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 13 (740 Views)

Re: Serial Numbers is invalid

01-31-2013 10:46 AM in reply to: SFOXSHS

Hello Sabrina!

Could be a few issues causing the invalid serial number error.

Most common, is AutoCAD for Mac 2012, that either requires the student download the latest release, or install in trial mode and install on first run. Additionally, there is a known issue with random Education Community profiles that prevents the licensing info from communicating properly and spits out that error as a result. A workaround for that scenario is to simply create a new account with a different email address.

I'd be more than happy to look into it if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number, product info, and students email address.

Philip Schmelzer
leta84
Message 3 of 13 (666 Views)

02-11-2013 10:45 AM in reply to: SFOXSHS

i'm a student and i registered autocad 2013 few time ago. I decided to install 3ds max design and at the moment of the activation the serial number, the same of autocad activation, is wrong! please help me!

Customer Service
amanda.k
Message 4 of 13 (657 Views)

02-11-2013 12:09 PM in reply to: leta84

Hello Letizia,

Welcome to the community!

We're currently experiencing an Activation issue with the Education Community. While we work on correcting it, please run your product in 30 day trial mode.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience.

Amanda Kinley
leta84
Message 5 of 13 (635 Views)

02-12-2013 02:39 AM in reply to: amanda.k

thank you for the efficiency!! i get the activation of the product successfully!!! good job!

nperalta
Message 6 of 13 (437 Views)

06-28-2013 07:52 AM in reply to: amanda.k

Hello, 

I am having the same problem. I am trying to install AutoCAD 3D Maps 2010 we have purchased on an upgraded computer and it tells me Invalid Serial. The serial is in pristine condition on the back of our CD case we purchased so I know the number is correct..

Is there any customer serivice number I can call or e-mail? 

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 7 of 13 (427 Views)

06-28-2013 11:54 AM in reply to: nperalta

Hi Christopher!

There's a good chance that the license was upgraded per a subscription contract that has since expired, and hence the error.

Can you please either contact our License Assistance Team (24X5) for direct activation support, or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number to validate.

Philip Schmelzer
RavenO9
Message 8 of 13 (246 Views)

02-06-2014 04:14 AM in reply to: amanda.k
Hello,
I'm having the same problem.

I installed Maya 2014 and and some minutes later Mudbox 2014. But when I tried to activate Mudbox, the serial number wasn't accepted anymore.

Would be great, if you could help me, too!
Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 9 of 13 (240 Views)

02-06-2014 04:37 AM in reply to: RavenO9

Hi Raven09,

I've had a look at your serial number and I do see Maya but I don't see Mudbox linked to it.

Could you try logging in the Education Community and starting the download of Mudbox again? You don't need to completel the download, just go as far as receiving the serial number and use it to activate the program. 

If that doesn't work, you may need to create a new account on the Education Community with a different e-mail adress.

Camilo Lemos
rtate78
Message 10 of 13 (199 Views)

02-20-2014 09:34 AM in reply to: amanda.k

Hello amanda.k,

I am in IT for a high school in TX.  Is the Education Community still having issues with activation?  I had to reinstall Autodesk 2013 on a single lab computer using an admin image and it is saying my serial number is invalid.  It seemed fine in the early stages of install when I am asked for serial number and product key.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Ray Tate

Computer Repair & Support

Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD

817-306-0914 x8629 (SHS)  |  rtate@ems-isd.net

amanda.k wrote:

Hello Letizia,

Welcome to the community!

We're currently experiencing an Activation issue with the Education Community. While we work on correcting it, please run your product in 30 day trial mode.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!