Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
504 Views, 4 Replies

Serial Number

Hi,

I have downloaded Inventor 2011 from my university. As I understand it, I need to generate a serial number on the download page as I do not have one. Unfortunately there is no option to download the 2011 version and I am not able to generate a serial number. What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Autodesk only supports up to three versions back from the current release which means that the earliest product that will be available for download in the Education Community will be 2012. Apologies for any inconvenience, if you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Okay, I understand. Will use the trial for now. I can get a newer version from the university but have to pay for the 16GB download...

Out of curiosity, would a crack or key generator type program be considered illegal for a program that is no longer possible to download?
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have to ask...

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Haha, okay okay...

I guess if you could use an older version with a crack then you wouldn't have to buy a newer version. Ultimately this would negatively affect Autodesk.

Luckily, as a student, I have free access to the program anyway. Was just hoping to avoid the massive download. Bandwidth is much more expensive in South Africa...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report