Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 11 of 18 (455 Views)

Re: Serial number not recognized

09-14-2012 02:12 PM in reply to: m_nmurray

Hi m_nmurray,

Did you download AutoCAD for Mac? If so there is a known issue surrounding the product activation with our new 900- serial numbers, of which is detailed here. Specifically:

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Philip Schmelzer
m_nmurray
Message 12 of 18 (453 Views)

09-14-2012 02:21 PM in reply to: philip.s

No I downloaded it for the 64megabite microsoft

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 13 of 18 (444 Views)

09-14-2012 04:07 PM in reply to: m_nmurray

Everything appears to be correct on our end. Please try the workaround previously listed for AutoCAD for Mac to see if it might resolve the issue.

If that doesn't work, please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your product request code.

Philip Schmelzer
jade.demeyer
Message 14 of 18 (395 Views)

09-30-2012 04:09 AM in reply to: DougB12
hello, i also have a mac and my serial number won't work ...where exactly can i choose to install the software in trial mode? Is it after dowloading it? when the application asks if you want to either -use the programme 30 days or -enter the serial number and product key ???
Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 15 of 18 (384 Views)

09-30-2012 07:02 PM in reply to: jade.demeyer

Hi jade.demeyer:

Once you have downloaded the trial version, you can choose to activate it using your serial number and product key (777E1). In case you encounter any activation issue, you may contact our Registration and Activation Team here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
jade.demeyer
Message 16 of 18 (368 Views)

10-03-2012 02:08 AM in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Yes but where can i dowload this trial mode? 

Once i'm on the home page http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=m_home i click on AutoCAD -> AutoCAD for mac , then i get my serial number and i can download it already ... i don't understand in what page i have to dowload the trial mode , ican't seem to find it :s 

Customer Service
simona.golisciano
Message 17 of 18 (361 Views)

10-03-2012 03:26 AM in reply to: jade.demeyer

Hello jade.demeyer,

Actually, you don't need to download the trial version. What you need to do is download the student version of AutoCAD for Mac from the Education Community page you mentioned, and then launch the program in trial mode. You will then be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option. Enter the Serial Number and Product Key to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation.

The above steps are also described in this AutodeskCare page. We hope this clarifies the issue. If not, let us know.

Simona Golisciano
jade.demeyer
Message 18 of 18 (348 Views)

10-03-2012 11:46 AM in reply to: simona.golisciano

Great, i got it now ! thanks ! 

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.