Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number not recognized

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
DougB12
2479 Views, 27 Replies

Serial number not recognized

I have Autodesk Inventor. It was previously installed on a different computer. That computer is being repalced. When I try to reinstall Inventor it says the serial number - that appears on the screen - is no good. How do I get the program activated?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
celine.manca
in reply to: DougB12

Hi Doug,

Could you please send me your serial number via private message? (envelope icone next to your name)

I can check your serial to see where the problem come from.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 28
DougB12
in reply to: celine.manca

Original serial number was xxx-xxxxxxxxx. During a live chat with Ricardo at Autodesk support, I was told the serial number "has been upgraded to the xxx-xxxxxxxx Autocad Inventor Suite 2011 English." I was also given a product code of 527C1. This new serial number did not work, which is not surprising since I only have Inventor 2010. ********************** ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** ********************** This E-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this E-mail message from your computer.

Message 4 of 28
arlinpega.bibat

Hi DougB12:

I have removed the serial number information you provided below. Please note that sensitive information shouldn't be posted on public forums for security reasons.

Now, with regard to your AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2010, it has already been upgraded to 2011 serial number. Please send me private message (envelope above  next to your  name) and verify the company name that the license is registered to. 

Thank you for your cooerpation.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 28
DougB12
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

The company is Lear Corporation, Roscommon Plant. ********************** ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** ********************** This E-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this E-mail message from your computer.
Message 6 of 28
jzingaro
in reply to: celine.manca

God Morning,

I am having the same issue that this person is having.  We are transfering the licenst from an old maching to a new one.  When I try to run the license transfer utility, we get an error telling us that the serial number is invalad.  

Please advise on what i should do next.

thanks

Joe Zingaro

Downing Enterprises

330-666-3888

Message 7 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: jzingaro

Hi jzingaro,

Typically the invalid serial number error is due to a license that has been upgraded and is nolonger on subscription. In order to troubleshoot further, can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number, or Contact my Registration and Activation colleagues here and ask them if the license has been upgraded. 

Message 8 of 28
doug
in reply to: philip.s

I also am having this same issue with AutoCAD 2012.  I have verified that the serial number I am using is correct per the autodesk subscription website.  I am concurrently persuing a resolution through a technical support request (case number 07333613)  I have submitted a request code and have received an activation code, but am unable to enter the activation code due to the autodesk server returning 'invalid serial number'.  Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Mark Madison

Woodward Engineering.

Message 9 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: doug

HI Doug,

I've taken ownership of your support request case. Can you please reply to the last email with a screen shot of the activation error so that I can troubleshoot further?

Message 10 of 28
m_nmurray

I downloaded the free version of AutoCAD 2012 through the student programs, but when I went to activate it on my computer it said it was an invalid serial number? 

Help please! 

Thanks, 

Miranda 

Message 11 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: m_nmurray

Hi m_nmurray,

Did you download AutoCAD for Mac? If so there is a known issue surrounding the product activation with our new 900- serial numbers, of which is detailed here. Specifically:

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Message 12 of 28
m_nmurray
in reply to: philip.s

No I downloaded it for the 64megabite microsoft

Message 13 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: m_nmurray

Everything appears to be correct on our end. Please try the workaround previously listed for AutoCAD for Mac to see if it might resolve the issue.

If that doesn't work, please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your product request code.

Message 14 of 28
jade.demeyer

hello, i also have a mac and my serial number won't work ...where exactly can i choose to install the software in trial mode? Is it after dowloading it? when the application asks if you want to either -use the programme 30 days or -enter the serial number and product key ???
Message 15 of 28

Hi jade.demeyer:

Once you have downloaded the trial version, you can choose to activate it using your serial number and product key (777E1). In case you encounter any activation issue, you may contact our Registration and Activation Team here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 16 of 28

Yes but where can i dowload this trial mode? 

Once i'm on the home page http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=m_home i click on AutoCAD -> AutoCAD for mac , then i get my serial number and i can download it already ... i don't understand in what page i have to dowload the trial mode , ican't seem to find it :s 

Message 17 of 28

Hello jade.demeyer,

Actually, you don't need to download the trial version. What you need to do is download the student version of AutoCAD for Mac from the Education Community page you mentioned, and then launch the program in trial mode. You will then be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option. Enter the Serial Number and Product Key to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation.

The above steps are also described in this AutodeskCare page. We hope this clarifies the issue. If not, let us know.

Simona Golisciano
Message 18 of 28

Great, i got it now ! thanks ! 

Message 19 of 28
jcock59

Hi there. I am trying to install Maya 2017 and when prompted to provide my serial number it returns this error. 

This serial number is invalid. Try again. (1)

I am not sure where the problem resides.
Any suggestions or solutions?

Kind regards
James Ray 

Message 20 of 28
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: jcock59

@jcock59

Welcome to the community...

When are you being prompted for serial #?  At the time of installation or after the product is installed & you're launched it for the first time?

Most times when someone comes here and tells us its invalid serial # usually points to the person is installing the incorrect product and/or version of the product.   Not sure what this serial # is related to but please do no share any of the information.  If you want to show a screen of your account to use showing your information and product that is fine but blur out your serial #.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report