Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number Entered Incorrectly, Needs to be Changed.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ElizabethSuzuki4841
881 Views, 5 Replies

Serial Number Entered Incorrectly, Needs to be Changed.

I believe I entered in the incorrect Serial Number and I need to change it in order to run Revit.  How do I change the Serial Number?

Thank you for your help,

Carosn

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Carosn,

What were you trying to do on your end? Were you trying to activate and encountered an error? If so what was the error message? Do reply back and provide more details on the error/issue so we can check further and verify. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6

I was installing Autodesk AutoCAD Revit on my computer. We've purchased multiple serial numbers from Autodesk. I entered in one Serial # and was getting an error message saying my activation limit has been reached.

What I want to do is change the Serial # to the second one we've purchased because I believe there are more activations available there. How do I do this?

Let me know if it would help to include the specific Serial Numbers here.  I'm unsure if this is a public post.

Thanks for your help,
Carson

Message 4 of 6

Hi Carson,

For direct assistance with your manual activation please contact our Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any other questions or concerns please reply to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 6

Hello Joane,

My name is Taylor, I was browsing through the Education Community's Help Forums searching for this particular topic because I'm having a similar Issue. I have recently downloaded the Student Version of Revit 2014. Once the Download/Install has completed, I attempt to Register/Activate my product before my 30 Days are up. Unfortunately, when attempting to Activate using the given Serial # and Product Key that the Autodesk Education Community Provides me and sends to my e-mail, I receive the following Error: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

In the past, I have never had any issues Activating my other products, Revit 2013, AutoCAD 2013, etc.

So your assistance would be highly be appreciated to help me get this resolved! Thank you.

Taylor

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t
in reply to: devaney.taylor

Hi Taylor,

Apologies for the activation troubles! But you can get direct licensing assistance through our Activation and Registration department on our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report