Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial invalid after swapping hard drives

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Rymbrant
514 Views, 5 Replies

Serial invalid after swapping hard drives

We had a problem with a broken laptop and as a quick fix we transplanted the hard drives into a working laptop.  We do this often when such problems arise and we need to keep working.  This time when we loaded up the new laptop with the old hard drives all of the licenses for autodesk products (Maya, MudBox, Motionbuilder) all had to revalidate.  They failed validation and now say the serials are invalid.  

Will a simple reinstall maybe fix this or is this a deeper issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: Rymbrant

Hi Rymbrant,

A simple uninstall / reinstall should resolve the issue. If for some reason you continue to receive the invalid serial number error, please send them to me via Private Message and I'll investigate further.

Message 3 of 6
johnssd

I have a related question. My laptop hard drive died with my copy of Revit Suite 2014 and I will be setting up a new laptop (the old hard drive will be shredded). Can autodesk reset the license server since I won't be able to run the license transfer utility?

Thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: johnssd

Welcome to the community John!

While we can't erase the previous license or reset the activation history, we understand the need for reactivation and will certainly allow you to do so. Should you encounter an activation limit reached error, simply contact our License Assistance Team and request an activation code.

Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

Message 5 of 6

I also have the similar problem. 

My laptop has broken down 2 weeks ago and I would like reinstall AutoCAD in the same laptop now.

(everthing in the old old hard drive are gone)
Failed validation of the serial code is resulted.

"error 2" occurs in the activation web site and "error 1060" + "error 6"appear on the installation log file.

Would it be possible to reactivate the old serial code or provide a new serial code to me? 
Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: 12041644

Hi Constance,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report