Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Installer keeps running

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Joe-Bouza
770 Views, 4 Replies

Secondary Installer keeps running

I have deployed our 2014 products; IDSP and  BDSP and all went well. I have a user that was complining about performance. I checked all our settings etc and cant find any system variable that might cause sluggih behavior.

I noticed that everytime the user starts up, the secondary installer runs. It seems like a registry problem? Is there anything I can cut from the registry?

I did a repair and no change. I'll try a reinstall now.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

There's two things which come to mind: the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry and the C:\Users\... path.  Both are modified by the secondary installer, so if the user doesn't have sufficient rights the changes won't stick and the programs will think they haven't been run previously.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks d
where do I check/ adjust right in win 7?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 5
llorden4
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Found this thread while searching for a solution for this same issue of the secondary launcher kicking in unexpectedly and wanted to share our solution.

We utilize a database called Made2Manage, and whenever we performed a search, the secondary launcher would kick in for all the installed Suite products even though they are already registered and activated.

The solution is an order of installation, if M2M is installed prior to an Autodesk suite, then uninstall M2M and re-install after you've activiated all your suite products.  Alternatively, don't install M2M until after you've completed your Autodesk installations.

Order of installation may also work with other applications that may be yielding similar undesired secondary launches.

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: llorden4

@llorden4 wrote:

Found this thread while searching for a solution for this same issue of the secondary launcher kicking in unexpectedly and wanted to share our solution.

We utilize a database called Made2Manage, and whenever we performed a search, the secondary launcher would kick in for all the installed Suite products even though they are already registered and activated.

The solution is an order of installation, if M2M is installed prior to an Autodesk suite, then uninstall M2M and re-install after you've activiated all your suite products.  Alternatively, don't install M2M until after you've completed your Autodesk installations.

Order of installation may also work with other applications that may be yielding similar undesired secondary launches.

This +1

I recently uninstalled older versions of my Autodesk products (INV 2014, ACAD 2014,etc...) and after that Made2Manage kept firing the Autocad 2016 installer on every browse/search on every screen I did in M2M..

Uninstall M2M and reinstall fixed it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report