Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second installation to cover maternity leave.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
indigo_prime
293 Views, 2 Replies

Second installation to cover maternity leave.

We have two copies of AutoCAD 2013 LT that are used by our surveyors.  One has now departed on maternity leave and the other does a lot of remote working so is very often not in the office.  The original installation of the software is on a laptop that is issued to the person on maernity leave.

The license states that a second installation can be carried out on a second computer along with a number of rules regarding this.  Unfortunately I have been unable to find anything specific in the forum or the guidelines that in any way covers the absence of a member of staff where the software was originally installed on their laptop.

As we bought the license corporately, does the license cover the second installation so that it can be used by another member of the business while our original user is on maternity leave.  I can confirm that there will be no 'dual use' where both installations will be in use at the same time.

I've tried calling all the UK support numbers and got sick and tired of being passed between robot answeering machines only to be redirected to the forums and listening to said robot saying 'autodesk dot com' about a hundred times!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: indigo_prime

The final interpretation of the EULA and/or the Subscription T&C are up to you and/or your legal dept., but IMO the spirit of the agreement is that you will not use more licenses at any given time, than you have purchased.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you meet all 4 conditions in the license, Exhibit B, #1.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: indigo_prime

I have always asserted that the LSA/EULA grants one license per one licensee.  The 2nd activation is also for that same licensee, not another user.  So if you have two seats and three users, you need 3 seats regardless of additional activations per seat.  However, if they were network activated, then you would be in compliance.

However, as said above, it is ultimately up to legal to decide on the validity of the activation.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report