Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
5762 Views, 18 Replies

Script error

Good Morning

I have the following Error by starting Auto CAD 2017 Lt.

Thanks for your help

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Update your Internet Explorer to the latest version and make sure it is your default browser.  Then try again.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 19
it
Explorer
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm getting the same error on one of my user's machines as well. Set internet explorer to be the default web browser, still no luck. Running windows 10. Only machine I've experienced this issue on.

Message 4 of 19
TravisNave
in reply to: it

Which version are you running?  Do you have redirected profiles for My Docs to a server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 19
it
Explorer

Autocad 2017. We have redirected profiles but installations have been successful for others with the same configurations. 

Message 6 of 19
TravisNave
in reply to: it

The redirected profiles is what causes this issue.  If you change your My Docs location back, then launch, it should fix this problem.  Then afterwards you can put it back.  Autodesk has always had a problem with profile redirects in one fashion or another.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 19
it
Explorer

Using a local My Docs location fixed the issue.

Thanks! 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

I am not a computer person. I have Autocad 2002. When you say "The redirected profiles is what causes this issue. If you change your My Docs location back, then launch, it should fix this problem. Then afterwards you can put it back." I have no idea how to do that. Can you give me the steps to do what you suggested.
Message 9 of 19
squeakstar

hello - we've just had similar issues, but resolved it without trashing how redirected folders save back to the server, and is proabably a better solution all round - there is a reason redirected folders get put in place - to save user's files to the network!

Open Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security tab > Trusted Site (Local Intranet may work too actually thinking about it, either way..) and click Sites

Add the address of the server you are saving redirected files to the Website Zone. So for instance if your server name is "companyserver" add the following "\\companyserver" to the Websites list.

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: squeakstar

I do not use internet explorer as my web browser, I use chrome. I am not a programmer so I next more instructions.

Message 11 of 19
squeakstar

It doesn't matter what browser you use in your day to day web surfing the settings i gave are inherent within windows whether you use chrome, firefox opera or my little pony browser. You also don't need to be a programmer - never mentioned programming, i told you where to go exactly in internet explorer's settings

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: squeakstar

I am sorry but

I need step by step instructions

Message 13 of 19
squeakstar

ok i will copy and paste them from the original message i wrote for general consumption, but put numbers in front of the steps just for you:

1. Open Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security tab > Trusted Site (Local Intranet may work too actually thinking about it, either way..) and click Sites
  2. Add the address of the server you are saving redirected files to the Website Zone. So for instance if your server name is "companyserver" add the following "\\companyserver" to the Websites list.
Message 14 of 19

@TravisNave wrote:

The redirected profiles is what causes this issue.  If you change your My Docs location back, then launch, it should fix this problem.  Then afterwards you can put it back.  Autodesk has always had a problem with profile redirects in one fashion or another.

Hi TravisNave,

I am experiencing the same problem, and I am trying to implement the solution you shared on this forum. When you say 'My Docs', what folder are you referring to? Should I change this setting from AutoCAD Options menu? I couldn't find there any 'My Documents' folder...

Thanks for your help!!

Juan

Message 15 of 19

Juan -The My Docs folder is literally your user profile's My Documents folder.

Your IT team should be able to clarify whether your you have Redirected Folders enabled or not. Redirected Folders is a settings in Windows that tells the PC to save anything in prescribed folders such as Desktop and My Documents to a server location.

The issue at heart is this: The licensing component of AutoCAD wants to run some scripting of sorts in the My Documents folder. Running scripts from network resources and beyond is limited by default in Windows as it's a potential security hazard.

If you add your server location where your My Documents are being redirected to in Internet Explorer's Trusted or Intranet Zone the security of that location is lowered and the scripts can run and licensing can continue as normal.

Message 16 of 19

Thanks so much for the clear explanation! 🙂

Now I know what to tell to the IT team.

Have a great day!

Juan

Message 17 of 19

@jalvarezazpeitia

See the solution in this article and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 18 of 19

Hi guys!

This was very helpful. I tried solution #1: Disconnecting internet helped me to bridge the script error and type in the serial number and key. Then I connected it back, and this allowed me to activate and registry each computer I needed. It was great because I didn't need any admin privileges!

Thanks for your help!

Juan

Message 19 of 19
Abode.nameh

Thank you soooo much 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report