Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

admamar
Message 1 of 4 (247 Views)

SCCM distribution issues for Design Academy on win7x64

247 Views, 3 Replies
07-28-2011 03:28 AM

Hi

I have created Adminimage for most of the products on a server. SCCM installs them through network, with the setup.exe and the required command lines. Advertisement is per machine and scheduled. Evrything seems to work. But I have the following issues.

Execpt Autocad, all other programs add desktop shortcuts(ie Inventor), In our organisation that is prohibited, I can probably remove them by editing the .mst files. But I was wondering if there is a way to do it in .ini? The same goes for Design Review and Inventor Fusion.

Design Review shortcuts end up like:

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review 2012.lnk"

"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Desktop\Autodesk Design Review 2012.lnk"

When i run msi+mst in system account with themsiexec and not using ALLUSERS property the shortcuts are ok ie

"C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Autodesk Design Review 2012.lnk"

Anyway to fix this in .ini?

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

Re: SCCM distribution issues for Design Academy on win7x64

07-28-2011 01:13 PM in reply to: admamar

Please try this

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/adr2012_install_guide.htm#DesktopShortcut

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

admamar
Message 3 of 4 (229 Views)

07-28-2011 11:20 PM in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks for the reply. I had read the article, but I am using Autocad Adminimage to distribute Design Review and did try the EXE_PARAM=. Maybe I should split the installation since the shortcuts also go to the wrong directory and are not available to users. Is msi+mst is enough or should i also include the gpo.mst for Design Review?

How do i prevent desktop shortcuts for Inventor, Civil3d, Autocad Mechanical and all others?

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)

08-01-2011 01:28 AM in reply to: admamar

I haven't tested these on the suite

passing ADSK_DESKTOPSHORTCUT_1=0 to msi should work for all the products.

gpo.mst is required only for gpo deployment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.