Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samreport log file generation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
chanley
362 Views, 9 Replies

samreport log file generation

I am attempting to load samreport lite on our license server for ACAD2004 running flexLM. I have followed the instructions listed here;
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2861265&linkID=2475323
I am getting stuck on the "In the SAMreport-Lite window, click Browse to locate and specify your report log (report.rl). WHAT LOG FILE??!?!!
This is a new installation and it says I can't start the reporting functions until I have a log file.
I have the options file in the same location as my flexLM license file and the path to the logfile output has no spaces in it, as per the instructions.
I have stopped/started the license server and still no generation of said .rl file. any help would be much appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: chanley

Do you have REPORTLOG command specified in your options file? If yes, can you please send me your options file and I take a look on it. Regards, Efim "chanley" wrote in message news:29822372.1091209545015.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I am attempting to load samreport lite on our license server for ACAD2004 running flexLM. I have followed the instructions listed here; > http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2861265&linkID=2475323 > I am getting stuck on the "In the SAMreport-Lite window, click Browse to locate and specify your report log (report.rl). WHAT LOG FILE??!?!! > This is a new installation and it says I can't start the reporting functions until I have a log file. > I have the options file in the same location as my flexLM license file and the path to the logfile output has no spaces in it, as per the instructions. > I have stopped/started the license server and still no generation of said .rl file. any help would be much appreciated.
Message 3 of 10
chanley

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure where to send it but I'll attach it to this post.
This is the only line in my options file, (adskflex.opt)
REPORTLOG +c:\useagelogs\report.rl

Do I need to point to the options file in my ACAD License file, (add a daemon line or something?), or does it automatically check for an options file? While there are no spaces in the path name to the intended destination log file location, is there a character limit that may be preventing it from being generated? Thanks for any help you can offer on this matter.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

The file looks ok. Not sure if it's sensitive to an extra line break though. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport www.jtbworld.com "chanley" skrev i meddelandet news:101406.1091457885536.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure where to send it but I'll attach it to this post. > This is the only line in my options file, (adskflex.opt) > REPORTLOG +c:\useagelogs\report.rl > > Do I need to point to the options file in my ACAD License file, (add a daemon line or something?), or does it automatically check for an options file? While there are no spaces in the path name to the intended destination log file location, is there a character limit that may be preventing it from being generated? Thanks for any help you can offer on this matter.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

It should look like this REPORTLOG +"c:\useagelogs\report.rl" and should be stored in the same directory where is license file located. my direct email is efim.tetelman@autodesk.com Regards, Efim "chanley" wrote in message news:101406.1091457885536.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure where to send it but I'll attach it to this post. > This is the only line in my options file, (adskflex.opt) > REPORTLOG +c:\useagelogs\report.rl > > Do I need to point to the options file in my ACAD License file, (add a daemon line or something?), or does it automatically check for an options file? While there are no spaces in the path name to the intended destination log file location, is there a character limit that may be preventing it from being generated? Thanks for any help you can offer on this matter.
Message 6 of 10
molokaiboy

I am trying to do the same thing and get this error msg:

FLEXlm error: -53,234
For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual,
available at "www.globetrotter.com". Continuing...
Unable to generate report: Error: No report logs to process

I am running Samreport v3.2

Can you advise.

Thanks,
Collin
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Collin, the "FLEXlm error: -53,234" which means that you didn't navigate your SAM Report to the report log file which should be generated by FLEXlm if you have set it in options file. Regards, Efim "molokaiboy" wrote in message news:17551686.1091644755472.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am trying to do the same thing and get this error msg: > > FLEXlm error: -53,234 > For further information, refer to the FLEXlm End User Manual, > available at "www.globetrotter.com". Continuing... > Unable to generate report: Error: No report logs to process > > I am running Samreport v3.2 > > Can you advise. > > Thanks, > Collin
Message 8 of 10
molokaiboy

I have the line of code in my options file. What do I need to do to resolve this problem?

Collin
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Collin, can please send me your options file to see if it looks correctly? efim.tetelman@autodesk.com Regards, Efim "molokaiboy" wrote in message news:27429961.1091671870070.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have the line of code in my options file. What do I need to do to resolve this problem? > > Collin
Message 10 of 10
molokaiboy

file sent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report