Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamLite report- How do I get the report

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
redcoat
1810 Views, 14 Replies

SamLite report- How do I get the report

I installed SamLite report and I donlt know how to get the report file that sam lite needs.

I looked everywhere on the net and I found if you type REPORTLOG +"C:\program files\ blah blah blah\reportlog.rl" in a .opt file, then hit the reread button that a report should be created.

This does not seem to work for me. I dont know what im doing wrong.

I need help
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
redcoat
in reply to: redcoat

I will clean my first post up a bit.

I have installed Samlite. I can't seem to get flexlm or lmtool ( which ever) make me a report.rl file.

I looked on lm tools and it told me the file path to my license is C:\Program Files\ Audtodesk Network Manager\acad2006.lic

From what I read, you have to create a file called adskflex.opt and inside that file write exactly this: REPORTLOG "+C:\Program Files\ Audtodesk Network Manager\report.rl

After thats done I should press the reread button on LM tools, it should read the adskflex.opt file and create the report file for me but it doesn't.

I looked into my debug log after I hit the reread button and it says Error multiple adskflex servers running.

I have put the adskflex.opt all over the place on the server. I was not sure where the licensing file was coming from.

What am I doing wrong?
Message 3 of 15
TravisNave

The adskflex.opt file needs to live in the same location as your acad2006.lic file. Then do a license reread. Also, make sure you are not running more than one license manager on that server. Check your task manager to be sure. Doing a License reread puts the options file into action.

The report.rl file will be created in the location that you provide in your adskflex.opt file. Your example has a fat-fingered error, but I assume that is just for the post and not for your actual .opt file.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 15
redcoat

Whats wrong with my syntax? is it the quotes?

When I hit the reread button then I check the debug file it tells me I have more then one license manager. I think it said more then one LMtools. How do I fix this?

Will killing one in task manager make it work?
Message 5 of 15
TravisNave

I would find out why you have more than one license manager running. Check your configuration of LMTOOLS and make sure there isn't another older version running somewhere else. Also, check your Services in Windows to see if more than one is set up.

You can attach your adskflex.opt file here if you want and I will take a look at your syntax.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 15
redcoat

I would type this exactly as it is shown here :

REPORTLOG "+C:\Program Files\ Audtodesk Network Manager\report.rl

I have tried changing around a few things but it still didn't work.

I checked out my services and here is what I have running:
FLEXlm Service 1
License Logging
Minitab License Manager

when I look at my debug file it tells me this:
(lmgrd) Starting "adskflex" (pid) 3552)
(lmgrd) MULTIPLE "adskflex" servers running
(lmgrd) Using task manager, stop adskflex and run lmreread
(lmgrd)
(lmgrd) This error probally results from
1 another copy of lmgrd running
2. another copy of vendor daemon is running
3. The locking mechanism(s) were removed by an outside program

Here is what I have in task manager running
cidaemon.exe
Rotatelogs.exe ( 4 of them)
minitab.exe
adskflex.exe
lmtools.exe
lmgrd.exe (2 of them)
Message 7 of 15
TravisNave

One, you probably have more than one License Manager running. It's obviously running twice. Do you have more than one thing listed under your FLEXlm Service 1 pulldown under Config Services tab?

Also, you have a misprint in your:
REPORTLOG "+C:\Program Files\ Audtodesk Network Manager\report.rl

You misspelled Autodesk. Also, the default was Autodesk Network License Manger, I thought. Double check your actual path so the file gets created in the correct location. The options file must be named adskflex.opt and it must be saved in the same location as your Autodesk *.lic file.

This is what I put in mine:

REPORTLOG +"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\report.rl"

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 15
redcoat

I did as you said. I copied and pasted the line you gave me and made it into the opt file

Under the config tab, when I click the drop down menu arrow that has FlexLM Services 1in it. I see Mini Tab License manager there too.

What do I do now?

When I hit the reread button (have not tired it after I created the new opt file) I get the error message in the debug. Autocad doesn't work for anyone in till I restart the server Message was edited by: redcoat
Message 9 of 15
TravisNave

Yep, looks like another product is using the license manager too. Sometimes this causes a problem. I would check for that product on that server and make sure that it does not have its own license manger tool running. If so, stop it and reconfigure your newer Autodesk LMTOOLS to use it, if necessary. If it is not needed at all, delete it. Strange that the error mentions multiple adskflex...

Do a search on your entire server for multiple adskflex.exe and lmgrd.exe files. There should be only one set in your default installation folder. That might help.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 15
redcoat

"looks like another product is using the license manager too"
By license manager do you mean LMtools?

I did a search on an adskflex.exe and lmgrd.exe files. I found one adskflex.exe and two lmgrd.exe

One in lmgrd.exe in the C:\Program files\ minitab\license manger/License

One in C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\

What does lmgrd.exe do? I clicked it and a DOS prompt comes up then went away.

Also I found 2 LMtools.exe one in the minitab folder and one in the autodesk folder. Could this be whats causing it? they both have different icons.
Message 11 of 15
TravisNave

Yep, that is most likely the culprit. The lmgrd.exe is the actual license manager. LMTOOLS is the graphical user interface. The adskflex is the Autodesk vendor and the lmutil.exe is the License utilities.

You should probably launch the LMTOOLS from your minitab license manager and stop that service and reconfigure it not to start automatically. If you need this program, you can configure the LMTOOLS for the Autodesk product to handle it. I am guessing that they are different versions of the license manager anyway, and that is not good.

You should only run one license manager on a server, even if they are from different vendors. Do you even know what this minitab program is?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 15
redcoat

I don't really know what mini tab is. People told me its some sort of software for statistics.

So let me get this stright.

1. Go into my minitab folder in my program folder and open LMtools there.
2. go to the stop/start/reread tab and hit stop
3. Somehow stop the minitab LMtools from starting at startup.
4. Configure Autodesk LMtools for mini tab too.

is this right?
Message 13 of 15
TravisNave

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, this can be done on the Config Services tab by unchecking the boxes and/or deleting the service altogether.
4. If necessary you can. Just make note of how it was configured in the other license manager. It may even already show that in the Autodesk one anyway. Make sure that the Autodesk LMTOOLS is running after you stop the mintab one since one generally affects the other.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 15
redcoat

It worked!!!!!

I have been trying to get this working for almost a month now with little information on the internet in till I found this forum.

Thank you TravisNave
Message 15 of 15
TravisNave

You are welcome! Next time come here first!!!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report