Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROAMABLEROOTPREFIX

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
StormyC
597 Views, 7 Replies

ROAMABLEROOTPREFIX

An AutoCAD installation has a ROAMABLEROOTPREFIX set to a temp folder which is causing it to fail to load properly.

Symptoms include missing acad menu file - so no interface at all.

Is this set at install time?

Do i have to dig into the registry to edit it to "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\R18.2\enu\"

Or will a repair or reinstall do the trick? Many thanks for any help.

AutoCAD2012 / WinXP

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
asburyj
in reply to: StormyC

Do you have the reset settings to default tool on your AutoCAD 2012? I would try that as a first step. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/the-easiest-way-to-reset-autocad.html

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 8
StormyC
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks Jeffry.

It was the first thing I tried. The message I recieved was that AutoCAD had not been run yet even though it had been run several times......
Message 4 of 8
asburyj

that's strange, Are you using a roaming profile or redirected profile folder on your windows profile? If so, that can cause some problems.  Does this folder exist? C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 8
StormyC
in reply to: asburyj

Yup, that folder existed, however the folder AutoCAD wanted to pull information from was C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\temp

I even changed the paths in options > support paths.

We have 'solved' the problem by rebuilding the machine.....

Message 6 of 8
kudzuman

I have the same issue where ROAMABLEROOTPREFIX resolves to %temp% instead of C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\R18.2\enu\. However, this problem happens to everyone who logs into the computer except for 1 account. I am not sure yet what the difference is between that account and everyone else. I really don't want to rebuild the computer since it is a Citrix XenApp server and we have at least 2 more XenApp servers doing the same thing. So I'd rather solve the issue rather than rebuild. Other versions of AutoCAD are fine on the servers. It just happens with 2012. I thought maybe it was just an incompatibility between XenApp and AutoCAD 2012 until I read this post and saw it happened to someone else and was curious if they were using XenApp as well or not. Plus since at least 1 account works, perhaps the other accounts can be made to match. So I am pretty sure there is a solution, but I don't know what it could be yet.

Message 7 of 8
kudzuman
in reply to: kudzuman

For AutoCAD 2012 (2014 does not need this) running on XenApp servers (or perhaps other Terminal Servers), users need access (I only tried modify and not just read) to the original deployment Image folder location or else ROAMABLEROOTPREFIX does not resolve correctly. It resolves to whatever %temp% is set to. Therefore they cannot create a proper profile and their UI gets hosed from the get go. If their UI is messed up already, you have to delete their profile after you give them access to the Image folder to fix it.

Message 8 of 8
StormyC
in reply to: kudzuman

We were not running on XenApp (not that i know of), it was being deliverd by ZENworks...

However, some time after the 1st issue it occured again and the fix was to delete the user account profile and re-create it.

Thankfully we are now running on new machines and Win7, we no longer use ZENworks.

So far, no issues reported for 21 seats.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report