Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

River Analysis 2015 install

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
LyleHardin
1818 Views, 14 Replies

River Analysis 2015 install

We have 1 IDSU and 9 IDSP suites. 

We have two people that might use River Analysis here and there. 

In the past I've been able to install the River Analysis package on their machines and they would use the Ultimate license when they used River Analysis. Otherwise, when using plain Civill 3D, they would use the Premium license.

Now the River Analysis is built into the Ultimate suite. Is that right?

If I try to install the Ultimate Suite on a machine that already has the Premium suite, it tells me Civil 3D is already installed.

How can I get the Ultimate Suite AND the Premium suite on two machines?

More to the point, how can I install River Analyisis on more than one machine so it will use the Ultimate Suite license if someone uses it?

Or, is this just not possible and I'll need to have one machine dedicated to the Ultimate suite?

I really don't want to spend another 6 grand (or whatever) to upgrade just so one more user can run River Analyisis on his machine twice a year.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

Okay, so maybe it is an extension (after doing more research....) 

Where do I find that extension? I can't find it in the regular Subscription > Download area unless I'm just missing something.

Is it even out yet?

Message 3 of 15
DarrenP

i responded to your other thread

autodesk has not released this yet

they just released the rail layout extention last week

maybe this will follow in a couple of days

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
LyleHardin
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was beginning to think... it's just not out yet.

I went ahead and installed 2014 Ultimate on another machine with the analysis tools for now... Just hated to 'go backward' ya know.

Message 5 of 15
LyleHardin

An email to me from Autodesk.

Looks like it may not be out for a while...

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting Autodesk. I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting back to you! Due to the high volume of inquiries, the wait has been a longer than normal.

I have confirmed with our Product Team that the River and Flood Analysis Module for 2015 is not yet available. Due to the rigorous nature of the product testing, we are not provided with an exact date, but is set to be released during this summer. When the module does become available, it will be located under Product Enhancements under the Downloads area of your Subscription account.

Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Welsh
Global Customer Service & Operations

Message 6 of 15
DarrenP

Autodesk just released the Geotechnical Module and the Bridge Module for 2015

so the river analysis may be coming soon

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
StephenMBindon

So Autodesk, still no River and Flood analysis Module for 2015.

On the 18th September 2014 you sent out an email containing the following:

Available with Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2015 Ultimate Edition Maintenance or Desktop Subscription, the River and Flood Analysis Module automates analysis and mapping functions...

So where is it? You are, and have been for some time, advertising it but it is still not available! We upgraded a Premium suite to Ultimate suite some time ago to get the River and Flood package, only to be told it hasnt been released....now you have our money, where is our software? We had to specially request a 2014 serial just to use the old version!

I'm not interested in excuses, you are advertising the product as being available, so where it.....this is possibly the worst bit of service I have ever had from Autodesk and may shortly involve us demanding our money back.

Message 8 of 15
LyleHardin
in reply to: StephenMBindon

I heard from them just last week.

They indicated it should be out in Nov or Dec....

From Autodesk on Oct 9th, 2014.

"Thank you for your patience on this case. I have received information from the product management team that, the expected time for availability of River and Flood Analysis module 2015 will be around November to December 2014. "

Message 9 of 15
DarrenP

this should show up on your sub site now

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
Squires20

DarrenP,

I can not see where this is available. Is this located under the Product Enhancements List?

Message 11 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: Squires20

yes

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
EricGates

So what is the answer on the licensing part of using River Analysis? Can you float the install on all machines and have it grab an Ultimate license for the extension, and still use the Premuim license for C3D?

Message 13 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: EricGates

i don't believe River Analysis looks at a license it just looks to see if you have Civil 3d 2015 installed

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
EricGates

Thank you.

I was pretty confident that it doesn look at the extension either but I wanted to get a definite answer.  Like most things Autodesk I have experienced in the last 30 years, I will go with it, learn from doing and then call myself the expert.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Message 15 of 15
LyleHardin
in reply to: EricGates

We have 8 IDSP licenses and 1 IDSU license.

I've installed River Analysis on 3 of our machines and it works on all three.

I've not really researched it beyond finding out it worked.

We seldom use it and we've not tried using them concurrently.

I doubt I answered your question, but there's some information for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report