Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rig importing error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dustinauman
1018 Views, 1 Reply

Rig importing error

I do not understand if the error is coming from the rig, or Maya. I remember having this problem long ago while in school. A classmate showed me how to fix it. I can not remember what the resolution to this problem was. In short, I open, or import the file into maya, and the rig is completely flat/2D plane. Things shooting out infinatley. Crazy stuff going on. Unrecognizable. I have some screen shots of the two rigs causing me the problems. one is a rig of a person. I just see some manipulators all over, nothing more. The other is a vehicle. You can make out the texture file, but it is flat, and the controls are all over and squashed every which way. MAYA tells me to refer to the script editor... but yeah. I don't know what to look for. Is there a setting, or fix I can do to correct this? I am using MAYA 2014. Thank you for any help or understanding. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Just taking a stab at this, but is it possible the settings in your Display -> Animation -> Joint Size?  I've had to adjust this (sometimes frequently) based on models that were created to different scales.  Particularly seems to be a problem with rigs that were imported from Daz (via FBX) and/or freebies that were downloaded off the internet.

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report