Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
bobrien110
11350 Views, 5 Replies

Revit with a Mac

I see AutoCAD came out with a version that you can use with a Mac.  Are they going to do the same with Revit Architecture soon?  

Or am I going to have to buy and download Windows XP and share the Mac space with Windows XP, not something I want to do.  

Anyone????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
frhervet
in reply to: bobrien110

No information or date at this moment.

So if you want nowto use Revit, you have to buy and download Windows XP.

Perhaps one day but AutoCAD is the first come back to Mac from Autodesk.

Best regards.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
jon
Participant
in reply to: frhervet

I'll chime in with the first poster and hope that Autodesk will put out a Mac version of Revit.  Revit is fantastic, but it needs to be able to run on a Mac -- without Windows -- in order to really reach its potential.

Message 4 of 6

I'm also waiting patiently for Revit to arrive on the Mac platform... We are many students that have, and will get, Mac computers to work with Revit on. Right now, that is my main reason for having Windows in Bootcamp. Please Autodesk, please bring it to this platform, you would make alot of people happy! 😄

Message 5 of 6

PS: Bring Revit soon! AutoCAD is almost DOA on the platform as the future is modeling! I won't say that AutoCAD is dead, or will be soon, but more and more students are being teached in Revit now that AtoCAD. Actually, my school must be the largest licensee of Revit in Europe, and we only learn Revit now, while the older students had AutoCAD and then a small part Revit instructions. Revit is the future, bring it on! 😉

Message 6 of 6
nickbaxter
in reply to: bobrien110

I hope they will bring Revit to OSX soon too! No way am I going to buy AutoCAD for Mac! To me that seems like a big waste of time for Autodesk. AutoCAD is old, slow and bluky, hard to learn, and just frustrating overall...I should know I use it everyday. I use Revit everyday too. Our firm is split 50/50 on Revit/AutoCAD projects. Hopefully they'll use their AutoCAD for Mac experience to help them make a great Mac version or Revit. I love Revit so much I'd buy a personal copy. It is too bad they are so behind with Mac software, because I'd love to get a whole Mac Suite... but it doesn't exist. I know Archicad firms that would make the switch to Revit too if it were cross platform.

AutoCAD is DOA but they keep pushing it. Unfortunately AutoCAD survives because it is a "generic" application and can be adapted to many different professional fields besides AEC. There is no reason Revit cannot become a "generic" application as well that can be adaptable to many uses. Right now they really push the specific Architecture, Structural, and MEP flavors, but without a solution for civil or landscape or a generic flavor for specialty work, it will continue to struggle to be the next standard. Revit is growing pretty fast in the Architecture industry and Autodesk just created some great software suites to encourage the use of Revit for very little upgrade cost, but it is still limited to one industry and that is where Revit is going wrong. Revit is awesome, I wish Autodesk would leverage it more, and even offer a free version with limited capability to get more offices and individuals interested in the power of Revit. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report