Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
nick
676 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Server

Hello,

Recently I was asked to install a Revit Server 2015 for our architecture company.

I provided a clean virtual Windows 2008 R2 server (fully updated). I installed all the prerequisites per the installation guide and went on to install the Revit Server 2015 software itself.

After installing software the only way to manage the server seems to be to use the web interface.

I browse to the server: http://<servername>/RevitServerAdmin2015 and get the following message:

Revit Server Administrator is not available.
Contact your administrator, or try again.

The installation guide doesn't seem to mention this error. I googled for a few days but couldn't come to a satisfactory solution.

In IIS I made some changes so only the local administrator could use the console, but whether I allow only one user or all users to access the website makes no difference, I always get the same error.

I created an RSN.ini file with the hostname of the server (and tried with the IP too) but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

What steps could I take to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nbbjAdmn
in reply to: nick

1. Verify all of the RS2015 prerequisites have been installed: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-E73CD5C7-37E7-4618-9D7C-79ADC315A069

2. Go to the following folder:

Message 3 of 4
nick
in reply to: nbbjAdmn

Thanks, the “aspnet_regiis –I” registration did the trick.

The Revit Server is functional now!

Message 4 of 4
nbbjAdmn
in reply to: nick

Great! Glad that it worked for you.

Markus.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report