Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit obtains license but still enters viewer mode

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KyleNishioka
537 Views, 2 Replies

Revit obtains license but still enters viewer mode

I installed a BDSP 2015 with a network licence.  When the user launches Revit, the license manager shows that it has issued the license but the client does not seem to accept it and shows the attached error message whenever the user tries to save or edit a project.  Other workstations in the office are working fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: KyleNishioka

Have you checked the licpath.lic file for Revit to ensure this system is looking at the correct license server? 

This is the file that tells the product where to find the license server. Typicaly that file is found in every autodesk program's root folder (ex. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Product Name\). Open the Licpath.lic file in notepad and you will see what server the software is trying to pull the license from. The formatting will be something like "Server        Servername        XXXXXXXXXXXX"

You can update the "Servername" part to the correct server to the correct server name and save the file. You can then copy that file to any other effected machines/programs and they will point to the correct server.

One other thing to check would be to make sure you have upgraded your license server version to 11.12. Older versions don't work properly with the 2015 license files. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
KyleNishioka
in reply to: asburyj

Ok, the LICPATH.LIC file was misconfigured.  It didn't point to any of our redundant servers correctly.  I've replaced that file with my working one and Revit is working normally now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report