Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit not part of the install files

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rhys.wiebe
203 Views, 2 Replies

Revit not part of the install files

While trying to install Revit, I noticed that in the configure installation tab of the installer, the only components listed are Network License Manager, CAD manager tools, Revit Server (which I can't use of course since I'm not installing it on Windows Server), and Revit SDK. The actual revit software isn't there, and once everything is installed there is still no Revit anywhere. Am I missing something here? Like is Revit an addon for vanilla AutoCAD? I was under the impression that it was a completely separate software.

This is on a student license, if it makes any difference.

I also did a complete uninstall, including registry editing, of any and all Autodesk files. I redownloaded the Revit Installer and still no dice.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: rhys.wiebe

When you run the Revit installer there is an install button in the lower left that takes you trought the installation wizard. Can you provide a screenshot of where you are getting stuck?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
rhys.wiebe
in reply to: asburyj

I ended up fixing the problem. I did a clean of all autodesk files and registry keys, then I used the "download now" option instead of the "install now" option for Revit. I ran the wizard then and everything installed fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report