Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit migrate custom settings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
krrp
783 Views, 1 Reply

revit migrate custom settings

I just upgraded from 2011 to 2012. I know I have modified several files like shxfontmap.txt, importlineweight file, and a lineweight file somewhere along the way in 2011.

Is there an easy way to find these files and bring them into the new version? Maybe like the "migrate settings" in ACAD?

If this needs to be done one at a time - Is there a list of files and their locations I should be looking for? 

Should I replace the whole file or just the line of the file that was changed?

Mac-Pro late 2013, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC, Two AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB,
Donated 147GB of hard-drive space to Virtual Machine running windoze 7, Autocad 2019, Revit 2019 Eagle Point, & Sokkia surveying software
Donated 10CPUs & 42GB of memory to Virtual Machine. Pegged virtual machine video memory at 2GB
Parallels Desktop for Mac - Version 14.1.2 (45479)
Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F132)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
krrp
in reply to: krrp

I am guessing that the files located at "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2011\Data" need to be manually copied into the the new 2012 data folder to keep the custom import line weights I have set up.

I am wondering about other files that get changed along the way.

What about customizations to the "Quick Access Tool Bar"  where are these settings stored?

Do the subscription services add-ins have to be redownloaded or are they stored in a file that needs to be brought over into  the upgrade?

Then there is the user options dialog boxes. Do these settings have to be reset manually or are they stored in a file that needs to be brought over into  the upgrade?

Mac-Pro late 2013, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC, Two AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB,
Donated 147GB of hard-drive space to Virtual Machine running windoze 7, Autocad 2019, Revit 2019 Eagle Point, & Sokkia surveying software
Donated 10CPUs & 42GB of memory to Virtual Machine. Pegged virtual machine video memory at 2GB
Parallels Desktop for Mac - Version 14.1.2 (45479)
Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F132)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report