Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2012 Installation Errors

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
john_marshall
1801 Views, 7 Replies

Revit MEP 2012 Installation Errors

I'm having issues installing Revit MEP 2012 (64bit) onto a brand new machine.  While upacking, the following error pops up (see attachment).  It will allow me to finish installing the program, however, a fatal error occurs when I try to create a new revit model or even open up one of the pre-made examples on the opening screen.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Here is the CER file.

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: john_marshall

Are you installing as local admin with UAC off and anti-virus disabled?  You might need to redownload the product if there are possible corrupt files.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8

I reinstalled with the antivirus off and managed to not get the contentpack error as before.  Now, the install says that it failed to install correctly.  This is from the log:

Install    Microsoft VSTA Dependencies (x64) - ENU    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1618

Install    Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2012    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1618

Rollback    DirectX® Runtime    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1618

Also, attached is the install log file.

Message 5 of 8

After digging through some forums I found a similar issue with Revit Arch 2012:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Problems-installing-Revit-Architecture-2012/td-...

I followed Soyoung's instructions, but it only led back to the contentpack error before bringing up the install screen (after extracting files).  Ran the install again and it said that Revit installed "successfully".  But again when I opened a simple file, a fatal error occurred.  Attached is the CER.

Message 6 of 8

Hello jmarshall,

I suggest that you download a new installer and do a clean uninstall
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252.
Please follow directions carefully.
Delete all files and folders associated with Revit MEP 2012

Delete your Temp directory as well.

Try fixing your .NET Framework using this tool here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx
or from here:
http://blogs.rand.com/support/2011/11/dont-fret-the-dot-net.html

It may be quicker if you have an option to restore your new computer to factory settings, I suggest to backup all personal information and restore your machine to factory settings.
Do a Windows Update and install Revit MEP 2012 even before any other programs.

Good luck and please let me know and how it goes.

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 7 of 8
DERF_0991
in reply to: john_marshall

helloo can you help me this pls...

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DERF_0991

Run as Administrator.  Make sure Internet Explorer is up-to-date and is your default browser. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report