Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit LT 2014 installation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mikerayl
606 Views, 5 Replies

Revit LT 2014 installation

Hello, I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I am trying to install Revit LT 2014, and the installation won't start.  I double click Setup and nothing happens.  I tried using compatibility, but the only one that tried to work was Windows XP (service pack 2 or 3), but since Revit LT isn't compatible with Windows XP, the installation stops with an error about compatibility.  The other compatibility options don't work.  I had the same problem with Design Suite Ultimate 2014 and Inventor LT 2014 but using Windows XP compatibility allowed the programs to be installed, but not this time.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: mikerayl

Include the log file from the installation summary screen or your %TEMP% folder.  I suspect there is another reason for your failure.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
mikerayl
in reply to: TravisNave

There are no errors displayed.  Nothing seems to happen when I double click setup.  If I have task manager open, setup comes up under processes and then quickly disappears.  When I try to use compatibility, the installation starts but then give s the error about not being compatible with this version of Windows.

Message 4 of 6
mikerayl

I wouldn't attach the log file before.  At least I don't think it did.

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: mikerayl

Have you tried right-clicking the setup.exe and Run as Administrator?

Also make sure the UAC is off and your anti-virus is disabled.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
mikerayl

I've tried all of that and I even uninstalled Norton, but still the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report