Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit License Type Change

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kfandrich
1560 Views, 1 Reply

Revit License Type Change

I have a user who had been using a network license, but our license server is down, so she can't get on. In the intrim, I exported a permanent license from another user who wasn't using it and imported it onto the machine in question. However, When we open Revit, it doesn't seem to even look for a permanent license. It just brings up the FLEXnet License Finder dialog looking for a license. I can't cancel it to change the license type in the licensing dialog. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: kfandrich

If you remove the license server information(server XXXX and Use_server) from the licpath.lic(in the program folder)

And add “# Standalone” to the this file, Revit should start with standalone license

Assuming version 2011.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report