Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Installation problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
up676633
851 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Installation problems

I'm having probems installing a student version of Revit 2013.  I've looked at the forums and have done everything suggested, including:

1. Turning off firewall

2. Uninstalling Microsoft Visual C ++ (all versions)

3. Clearing my temporary folder of all files

I have attached the installation log if it helps.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brad_hurley
in reply to: up676633

Hello and Welcome to the community.

If your running windows 7/8, make sure you have disabled UAC.  

Please perform a clean uninstall by following the steps listed in one of the following links:

Autodesk Revit Architecture Services & Support
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18782231&linkID=9243099

Windows: The Basics of Using Microsoft Fix it
http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/06/windows-the-basics-of-using-microsoft-fix-it.html

Next, remove all versions of C++ from the add/remove programs.  After completing this step please install Revit to see if this fixes your problem.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

Your failure is with the materials library.

2013/12/17:09:25:47	Gary	GARY-WORKPC	Download	Aborted	CMILL2013	http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDDLM/2013/RVT/WI/{B3025DA1-3BA9-4315-AC55-664F5487ABA5}/CMILL2013.tar...
2013/12/17:09:25:47	Gary	GARY-WORKPC	Install	Autodesk Material Library 2013 - Low Image Library	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
up676633
in reply to: brad_hurley

Brad,

I followed all of your instructions but still failing to install.  It seems to always get to the final install and then fails.  I've spent nearly 9 hours now with no luck.

I've attached the latest log information.

Gary

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

It is still failing to download the material library.  Can you try installing it without installing the material library?  On some suites it is possible to install the base, then you can go back and fix this issue after.

Install	Autodesk Material Library 2013 - Low Image Library	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
up676633
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

I uninstalled all traces of autocad on my system and tried to install Revit without the material pack but it has still failed to install.  This is the latest log.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Gary

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Strangely, your log still shows the download is aborting and failing on the material library install.

Install	Autodesk Material Library 2013 - Low Image Library	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

You might redownload from the virtual assistant.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
up676633
in reply to: TravisNave

Finally managed to get it to install.  I tried another attempt after uninstalling all of my previous autodesk programmes.  When I went to the drop down menu for the installation of Revit I noticed there was a service pack 3 that could be installed.  I did this first and everything insalled properly, including the material library.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report