Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
violet78
794 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Families Guide

I downloaded the Families Guide for Revit 2010 from this location:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=13080413&siteID=123112&linkID=9243097

The .chm file from that download will not work.  I tried opening it through Revit and on its own and it gives a "website not found" error.

I was able to locate another version downloaded over a year ago and saved on our server.  That one works fine.  So my problem is fixed, but there may be something wrong with the version currently available.

Also, the 2010 Families Guide does not include instructions for installing on Windows 7 (obviously written before Win7 was released).  The 2011 guide was not re-written, but 2011 is supported on Win7.  I had to use my best guess for the file locations.  Other users may be confused.

I wish the tutorials and families guide could be part of the basic Revit installation.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: violet78

Can anybody post the PDF file for Revit STRUCTURE Families Guide? or provide a link to it that really works? The help documents say that there should be an option for Families Guide under the Help menu of Revit, but I don't see that option. I have the other two documents, the architectural and MEP, but I would like to have the STRUCTURE version in PDF format, too. Anybody?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

i found this one

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

but its for Revit Architecture 2009

Revit 2014-2012: The Families Guide was updated and added into the following Online Revit help topic:  

Creating Loadable Families

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i can't seem to find one specifically for revit structure

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report