Message 31 of 35 (673 Views)

Re: Revit Architecture 2013 Missing Families on Install

01-16-2014 03:11 AM in reply to: TrendyGuy

jcvekariya
Message 32 of 35 (367 Views)

04-07-2014 01:04 AM in reply to: TrendyGuy

Hello all,

I am new to Revit. I just performed a clean install of Revit Architecture 2013 without changing any options and I can not seem to find any of the families. All I want are the default families that come with the program. The program works great but when I go to say place a door there are no families. I went into the options and checked the default families path which is "ProgamData\Autodesk\RAC 2013\Family Templates\English_I" but there is absolutely nothing located in that folder nor have I been able to located a folder that has anything in it. Any help with getting the program setup properly would be greatly appreciated

Employee
tony.michniewicz
Message 33 of 35 (360 Views)

04-07-2014 08:49 AM in reply to: rsc.shivam

From your description, specifically the comment that your ProgamData\Autodesk\RAC 2013\Family Templates\English_I folder is empty, it sounds like the content associated with Revit Architecture 2013 was not installed properly.  The simplest solution would be to uninstall and reinstall the required content packs, which can be accomplished through the following steps:

1. Open Windows Control Panel and navigate to the Uninstall a Program page.

2. Select the Revit Architecture 2013 entry and click Uninstall/Change.

3. In the Revit Architecture 2013 maintenance dialog, click Add or Remove Features.  You may need to be patient here as it can take a while before the next page is displayed.

4. Disable the checkboxes associated with each content pack and then click Next.  You'll get a warning that no content is selected but that's OK and you can dismiss this dialog.

5. When the updating process completes, click Finish.

6. Repeat steps 1 through 3.

7. Enable the checkboxes associated with the content packs you wise to install and then click Next.

Please note that you need a live internet connection during this process because the Revit content is downloaded.  Also, the amount of time required to complete this process will vary depending on the number of content packs you've selected as well as the speed of your internet connection.  Some individuals have reported that they need to let this process run overnight before it completed.

Hope this helps to get your content installed!!

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

mostafaBINsaied
Message 34 of 35 (257 Views)

04-30-2014 09:54 PM in reply to: TrendyGuy

TrendyGuy wrote:

Hello all,

I am brand new to Revit. I just performed a clean install of Revit Architecture 2013 without changing any options and I can not seem to find any of the families. All I want are the default families that come with the program. The program works great but when I go to say place a door there are no families. I went into the options and checked the default families path which is "ProgamData\Autodesk\RAC 2013\Family Templates\English_I" but there is absolutely nothing located in that folder nor have I been able to located a folder that has anything in it. Any help with getting the program setup properly would be greatly appreciated.

binusmul
Message 35 of 35 (51 Views)

08-06-2014 12:14 AM in reply to: ranced

Can you upload family and templates of utodesk revit 2014 structural ..please

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.