Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2013 Missing Families on Install

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
TrendyGuy
53973 Views, 37 Replies

Revit Architecture 2013 Missing Families on Install

Hello all,

I am brand new to Revit. I just performed a clean install of Revit Architecture 2013 without changing any options and I can not seem to find any of the families. All I want are the default families that come with the program. The program works great but when I go to say place a door there are no families. I went into the options and checked the default families path which is "ProgamData\Autodesk\RAC 2013\Family Templates\English_I" but there is absolutely nothing located in that folder nor have I been able to located a folder that has anything in it. Any help with getting the program setup properly would be greatly appreciated.

37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

m in very problem regarding the revi software... i have installed revit 2012 and 2013 , individually.. but both are showing same problem of familiies files missing.....when i click for load doors or windows or components.... it does not show anything to me...it just opens a template folder or sample folder.....plz as soon as possible solve my issue ..its very serious...

Thankyou

Mayank Chaurasia

India

Message 3 of 38
DannyHubbard
in reply to: TrendyGuy

If you go to Control Panel and Uninstall a Program and change Revit. Choose the Add and Remove Features, check the content you want to install and choose Next.

Make sure you have a internet connection through out the install process as the content is downloaded during the installation process.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 38
tbannerman

i followed those steps to get the families installed and the folders are still empty what should i do?

Message 5 of 38

i followed those steps too, are still empty. Is there any other way??

Message 6 of 38

You might also try temporarliy disabling your firewall while doing the Add Remove features so the content is downloaded.

Also in another post someone mentioned having to add *.autodesk.com to their trusted sites for the content to download for them.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 38

Can you elaborate on the step "check the content you want to install"? I choosed only US Metric and recieved two folders called "My Content Browser Library" and "My Projects", but I cant locate any families in them. What content do I need to check in order to get the families?

Message 8 of 38

All content will have different familes and templates. By default content is installed to "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2013", there will be different folders for templates and libraries (families).

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 38
martysaid2009

Hi there - I have a similar problem with Revit 2013 (installed student version two weeks ago). In structural columns folder all I have is steel columns (I need concrete columns). I followed the updating process tagging both Australia and US metric and my families remain the same.

Also I can't locate the libraries on my harddrive (running windows 7).

Has anyone found a solution to the missing files in the families and does anyone have a path to the files.

Many thanks

M

Marty Said
Revit Architecture 2014
Message 10 of 38

well. for families i installed revit 2011 and then 2013... but couldnt find the solution
Message 11 of 38

Thanks for the reply roohullah.
Marty Said
Revit Architecture 2014
Message 12 of 38
ranced

Hi guy right I have copy the family and templates from a working autodesk revit 2013 this is from my desktop machine

the copies are from the student edd but that shouldnt be a problem

bellow is the dropbox account link for the files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3du2kcevn8lur5/p0p0He9UfU?m

download - ZIPfile

follow instructions txt file

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 38
jchlopek7886
in reply to: DannyHubbard

I have the same problem missing families from the libraries

But your solution did not work the same material is still missing

Message 14 of 38

Trun off firewall before installing the revit 2013. It worked for me
Message 15 of 38
jchlopek7886

I have to say that these "solutions" are not helping.

Can you send the appropriate files to me?

The program is working fine otherwise but I have to travel to my school just to insert a door in a curtain wall.

are there no tech support people who can actually speak to me?

Jchlopek

Message 16 of 38

I turned off my firewall, restarted my PC and I could Add the Brazils Metric Library. How ever, besides the US Metrical/Imperial were on the Features List, their folders remain EMPTY! My lucky is that at least I have a library now.

But Autodesk should NOT forget about those mistakes!!!!! And at LEAST what Autodesk could do is provide the Library Folders for us to download, because some people just might not have the problem fixed!!!!

Or launch an update that fix this stuff. Very soon Ill be changing my PC and I wouldnt like to go through this all over again...

Message 17 of 38
ranced
in reply to: priscilabonifacio

you need to make sure all the folders are in the correct location easyest way to do so is to make sure templates are located in the directories this is the RAC folder if the library is missing revit will promt that is missing copy from dropbox into folder that revit opens direct too ============================================ The LSBU communications disclaimer can be found at http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ict/legal/
Message 18 of 38
mrs.jordan.92

hellooo life savers ,,

that's driving me crazy ! i tried everything and i still in the same prob. even i got the families from my friend, and i have them on my desktop ! and every time i want to add a door or window or anything i have to load it ! and the families that i load do not stay saved ! every time i have to do the same,, and btw i installed the prog. 4 times :\\ and tried 2010vre. 2011ver 2012ver & now i have 2013..

any HELP 😞

thnk u

Message 19 of 38
ranced
in reply to: mrs.jordan.92

you cant have the files on your desktop they have to be in the designated location Autodesk give but if are having problems find this location you can all way load from components into the project if you have problems with this let me know asap ============================================ The LSBU communications disclaimer can be found at http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ict/legal/
Message 20 of 38
shazeb_rockz
in reply to: DannyHubbard

i disabled firewall and antivirus yet no result.....
i have almost unistalled and reinstalled it 7-8 times evn offline and using internet

infact when i install revit 2013 no folder named RAC is created....
please help
i am in veryyyyyyyy urgent need to design using revit and there is no families to load doors windows etc.....
pleaseeeee help needed urgent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report