Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 stuck on splash screen

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
aliciaradcliff6634
1403 Views, 7 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 stuck on splash screen

I have a computer that has Revit Architecture 2012 installed, but it will not open.  Instead it hangs up on the splash screen.  After searching online, I have removed the following files from the computer (UIState.dat and WSCommCntrData.xml) and made sure that the WSCommCntr was not running in the processes.  None of these helped.  This computer is running Windows Vista Ultimate.  How can I get Revit Architecture 2012 to open on this computer?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

For non-license related instances where your Autodesk product starts and hangs, please review this Autodesk KB on the InfoCenter:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15228698&linkID=9240617

Have you also tried to Run as Administrator or another user? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

Yes, I've tried logging in as a different user, and that didn't work either.  I also cannot uninstall Revit Architecture 2012.  I don't know if that helps shed any light on the problem.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
avto
in reply to: aliciaradcliff6634

Is there a specific error message given when you are trying to uninstall Revit ACA 2012?

Could you please also let us know the video card and installed video drivers you have in our system?

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8

When I try to uninstall Revit Arch 2012, it simply does nothing even after waiting for 3-4 minutes.  It does allow me to click on other programs to uninstall them, which normally is not allowed when a program is being uninstalled.

The video card on this system is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600.

The installed video card drivers are:

atiumdag.dll

atiumdva.dat

atitmmxx.dll

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
avto
in reply to: aliciaradcliff6634

Since Windows Add or Remove Programs applet is not able to initiate Revit ACA 2012 uninstallation process, most likely Revit ACA 2012 installation was not successful and you probably have some broken registry entries in your system registry. 

I would suggest reloading your OS and then installing Revit ACA 2012.  This will take much less time than trying to manually ‘clean up’ your system registry and removing Revit ACA 2012 content from your file system.

Please note that the splash screen issues could also be related to the inadequate video card or drivers for Revit 2012.  Unfortunately, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 is not listed in Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware list for Revit 2012.  Thus we do not know Revit 2012 expected behavior on your graphics card.

FYI, here is the link to Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware page.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8

I have turned this over to our IT guy as I do not have the authority to reload the OS.  We are running several other systems with video cards not on the Autodesk approved list, and Revit runs fine on those systems.

Thanks for your help.

Alicia

Message 8 of 8

I believe you need to stop "Autodesk communication center" from connecting itself to internet. This link will help you do that,

how to fix when revit-2012 hangs at splash screen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report