Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

klbailey
Message 1 of 2 (2,418 Views)

Revit Architecture 2011 free trial- stuck in demo mode

2418 Views, 1 Replies
03-04-2011 09:27 AM

I have downloaded the free trial version of Revit Architecture 2011, but when I try to use it a message pops up saying that the license needs activation. My only options are to click activate (but I do not have a serial number by which to activate the product) or to close the window and following windows which warn me that I now may only work in demo mode (the program does run normally in demo mode). The "Run" option which appears on the first window is grayed out. 

Clicking on the R in the upper left hand corner then clicking licensing bring up another window which has the options of "Standalone - locked," "Network" (which I do not have atr my disposal), and "Demo/Viewer." Clicking the option of "Register..." under the Standalone option bring up the first window mentioned above. 

This problem persists both when I try to open the program through saved work or the program shortcut itself. 

I have the student version downloaded onto a computer of mine, but I would like to download this 30 day free trial onto a second computer of mine. 

How do I get my trial version out of demo mode and into the 30 day free trial mode? 

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 2 (2,369 Views)

Re: Revit Architecture 2011 free trial- stuck in demo mode

03-07-2011 01:47 AM in reply to: klbailey

this happens when you have already installed a trial version before;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.