Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2011 Deployment Option Choices are grayed out

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mjroha
654 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Architecture 2011 Deployment Option Choices are grayed out

Hello,

I am creating deployments for ACAD, ACADA, Inventor, 3ds Max Design, and Revit Architecture for multiple license numbers.  All of the deployments work fine, except for Revit Architecture. 

I created the first deployment from the Revit DVD to the server.  I went back in to create more deployments using the "Create & modify a deployment" shortcut that is placed in the Tools folder.  The "Create a new deployment" and "Create a new deployment using an existing deployment as a template" options are grayed out.  I deleted the folder from the server and did it again, but the same symptom occurs.  The only solution is to create new deployments from the DVD each time.  They will then show up in the dialog, but only with the "Modify an existing deployment" option enabled.  This of course takes a lot longer and is not desirable.

I have seen in other posts about conflicts when having other Autodesk products so I reimaged the computer I'm using to create the deployments back to the base XP image with no Autodesk products on it.  This image has Internet Explorer 8.  I'm at a loss about what could be causing this issue, since the other Autodesk product deployment dialogs work fine.  Any ideas?

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DannyHubbard
in reply to: mjroha

Mike,

With Revit this was changed intentionally it was found that when creating multiple deployments in a single folder that content would not always get installed.

So with Revit the best option is to unfortunately create each deployment in its own folder.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
mjroha
in reply to: DannyHubbard

@DannyHubbard wrote:

Mike,

With Revit this was changed intentionally it was found that when creating multiple deployments in a single folder that content would not always get installed.

So with Revit the best option is to unfortunately create each deployment in its own folder.

Thanks for your response to my question Danny.  I guess I'll just load the DVD contents up to the server to do a manual install.  Unfortunately we don't have the extra space for 15 individual deployments. 

I'm baffled why Revit would have an issue when the other main programs don't seem to have a problem.  It seems like the only difference between deployments is the shortcut and a few transforms that are created.

Thanks again,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report