Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT ARCHITECTURE 2011 ACTIVATION ISSUE

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4489 Views, 7 Replies

REVIT ARCHITECTURE 2011 ACTIVATION ISSUE

I HAVE REVIT ARCH 2011 INSTALLED AND WORKING UNDER DEMO MODE........i would like to convert it into  fully functional mode...could some one plz guide me through the process for a standalone installation.....i am using revit on my laptop for academic purpose...

I have read through the remedy posted by you guys to solve netwrok license issues....is it the same for a standalone license as well......??

my revit 2011 gives an error while start up...the error is "cant obtain a license" & and the next message says "revit is running in idemo mode"....the register button in the licensing window doesnt seem to work [nothing happens when i click on it].....

so how do i acivate it????

will appreciate ur help.........

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

Please try to activate within the product (help->about->Product information->Activate)

If you still have issues

Active scripting might be disabled,please try  below solution

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1053941

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

the solution you provided doesnt help........the same messages appear even when i try to activate the product through help-about-product information-[i dont get  an activation link or tab]....is there anything else i can do...i am at the end of my semester and need revit to be functioning badly......

Message 4 of 8
hashim.mundol

Please delete the license file, this file contains license for all the autodesk 2010/2011 products, if you have any other products this will force others to be re-activated too.

on vista/win7

%programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data

xp

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\flexnet\adsk*.data

if this doenst work. please try a reinstall of the Software

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks ....it worked finally.....

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I've also tried to adjust the registry values however I cannot find the %programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data file you suggested. I'm using windows vista and I'm having the same issue with the activation page after clicking activate.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

In order to find the license file first enable the "view hidden files" options from the tools menu in windows explorer...u will be able to find the folder called program data only then.......then proceed as directed

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hashim.mundol

The same situation happened on my computer. I am using WINDOWS 7 system.I have operated the steps you mentioned in terms of the win2000/xp or Vista, but it did NOT work. So how to solve this issue on Win7 environment? Thankds.

Hao

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report