Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Arch Installation and Licence

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
mallorca
1273 Views, 16 Replies

Revit Arch Installation and Licence

Good Afternoon,
    I am currently an online student in Spain with a Finnish university     studying architecture. I have been asked to install Revit     Architecture with no success. In fact I have installed/reinstalled 4     different times, I have talked to online assistance twice and I am     at my wits end. Hopefully you can help me with this problem. I have     downloaded the program Revit architecture then installed as a stand     alone with Serial Number: xxx-xxxxxxx/Product Key: 240D1. I am never given or offered an product request code, I cannot access any licence  information. The program tells me no network licence available. I  just do not know what else to do, please help.

Dean

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
bielskj
in reply to: mallorca

Hello Dean,

Your product was unregistered, which might have been the reason you were not being able to activate your software.  I have registered your product and you should now be able to activate your software.  Just a quick note;  since these are public forums, in the future, please don't post sensitive information (serial numbers, etc) in the discussion groups.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17
mallorca
in reply to: bielskj

Hello again, I open program and a window opens an says (unable to obtain a licence. No connection to the network licence server could be established. Contact your licence administrator concerning this license outage. I have two options available:

Enter Viewer Mode or

Exit Revit

I am never given or offered an product request code, I cannot access any licence information. 

Thank you

Dean

Message 4 of 17
TravisNave

Queries for a network license indicate that you may have installed your product as a network version instead of stand-alone. You might want to reinstall.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 17
mallorca
in reply to: TravisNave

Hiya,

I know I installed it at as a standalone as it asked me for the product key and and serial number. Under network licence it asks for other information. I have installed and reinstalled 4X. I have been told given this same answer twice. Any oher suggestions?

Thank you

Dean 🙂

Message 6 of 17
mallorca

Hello,

Since the product wil not give me a product request code can I get one sent to me by email? Then I could register and get an activation code sent back to software?

Thanks

Dean

Message 7 of 17
bielskj

Hello Dean,

I have already registered your product.  Please click here for instructions on how to get a request code.

Lucio.Bielski

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 17
mallorca

No access to activation code page  (licence unavailable Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 is in review mode)Have un/reinstalled 5x.     

Message 9 of 17
arlinpega.bibat

Hi mallorca:

Could you please provide a screen shot of what you are seeing? 

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 10 of 17
mallorca

This sis the only windoww that comes up when I start Revit. I have done a clean uninstall 2x and reinstalled same pronlem every time. I cannot access any licence information.

Thanks

Dean

Message 11 of 17
TravisNave

Your installation thinks its a network licensed version and not-stand alone. It was installed incorrectly.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 17
bielskj

Hello Mallorca,

As TravisNave (***Guru) mentioned, the software was installed incorrectly.  Please do a full unistall of your product and re-install it as standalone.  Please click here for assistance on how to do a full unistall of your product.

Lucio.Bielski

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 17
bielskj

Hello Mallorca,

I have updated the link for the full unistal as the other link didn't seem to be working.  Please visit  http://autode.sk/xy7TLk

Lucio.Bielski

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 17
azhark14

Hello

I am having the exact same problem-installed it 5 times now! AND YES I HAVE INSTALLED AS A STANDALONE SERVER!1 which seems to elude all the responses i have seen so far

Message 15 of 17
blessme
in reply to: azhark14

Dear ashark14

If it's any consolation, I'm having the exact same problem.

If you have the solution, PLEASE pass on to me as I'm growing old by the minute...

Message 16 of 17
philip.s
in reply to: blessme

Hello Kin and Azhar,

This could be caused by an issue with your registry / licensing files. Can you both please try uninstalling the software, run Microsoft Fix-it, and then reinstall as a standalone to see if it resolves the problem?

Message 17 of 17
blessme

Dear Philip

I've run the Microsoft fix-it.

I'm afraid it's still giving me this response. I'm on Windows 7 and stand-alone application.

I've scoured through most of the discussions regarding similar issues. The software hangs on th splash wind and then the message box appears: "Revit License unavailble. Unable to obtain a network license. No connection to the network license server could be established".

In the box it gives an option to enter in Viwer mode or Exit.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report