Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

mallorca
Message 1 of 17 (407 Views)

Revit Arch Installation and Licence

407 Views, 16 Replies
03-21-2012 10:48 AM

Good Afternoon,
    I am currently an online student in Spain with a Finnish university     studying architecture. I have been asked to install Revit     Architecture with no success. In fact I have installed/reinstalled 4     different times, I have talked to online assistance twice and I am     at my wits end. Hopefully you can help me with this problem. I have     downloaded the program Revit architecture then installed as a stand     alone with Serial Number: xxx-xxxxxxx/Product Key: 240D1. I am never given or offered an product request code, I cannot access any licence  information. The program tells me no network licence available. I  just do not know what else to do, please help.

Dean

Customer Service
bielskj
Message 2 of 17 (404 Views)

Re: Revit Arch Installation and Licence

03-21-2012 10:55 AM in reply to: mallorca

Hello Dean,

Your product was unregistered, which might have been the reason you were not being able to activate your software.  I have registered your product and you should now be able to activate your software.  Just a quick note;  since these are public forums, in the future, please don't post sensitive information (serial numbers, etc) in the discussion groups.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

mallorca
Message 3 of 17 (402 Views)

03-21-2012 11:04 AM in reply to: bielskj

Hello again, I open program and a window opens an says (unable to obtain a licence. No connection to the network licence server could be established. Contact your licence administrator concerning this license outage. I have two options available:

Enter Viewer Mode or

Exit Revit

I am never given or offered an product request code, I cannot access any licence information. 

Thank you

Dean

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 17 (398 Views)

03-21-2012 11:16 AM in reply to: mallorca

Queries for a network license indicate that you may have installed your product as a network version instead of stand-alone. You might want to reinstall.

mallorca
Message 5 of 17 (396 Views)

03-21-2012 11:29 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Hiya,

I know I installed it at as a standalone as it asked me for the product key and and serial number. Under network licence it asks for other information. I have installed and reinstalled 4X. I have been told given this same answer twice. Any oher suggestions?

Thank you

Dean :smileyhappy:

mallorca
Message 6 of 17 (387 Views)

03-21-2012 11:43 AM in reply to: mallorca

Hello,

Since the product wil not give me a product request code can I get one sent to me by email? Then I could register and get an activation code sent back to software?

Thanks

Dean

Customer Service
bielskj
Message 7 of 17 (373 Views)

03-21-2012 12:35 PM in reply to: mallorca

Hello Dean,

I have already registered your product.  Please click here for instructions on how to get a request code.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

mallorca
Message 8 of 17 (348 Views)

03-22-2012 10:35 AM in reply to: bielskj

No access to activation code page  (licence unavailable Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 is in review mode)Have un/reinstalled 5x.     

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 9 of 17 (335 Views)

03-22-2012 05:39 PM in reply to: mallorca

Hi mallorca:

Could you please provide a screen shot of what you are seeing? 

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
mallorca
Message 10 of 17 (324 Views)

03-23-2012 03:35 PM in reply to: mallorca

This sis the only windoww that comes up when I start Revit. I have done a clean uninstall 2x and reinstalled same pronlem every time. I cannot access any licence information.

Thanks

Dean

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!