Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2018 Reinstallation Repeated Failure

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Chris
284 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2018 Reinstallation Repeated Failure

I decided to move my Revit 2018 install over to my SSD from my old HDD.

I uninstalled Revit 2018 from my HDD via Windows uninstall.

I then reinstalled Revit 2018 from the autodesk website, as the Desktop app didn't have Revit 2018 shown.

This was the error I received:

revit.PNG

Please toss any help you can think of my way, as when Monday rolls around, I'll need to have something I can act on.

Thanks!

This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: Chris

Better to ask these kind of questions in the Installation & licensing forum.

Try to do a clean uninstall. See THIS link for more information

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
ennujozlagam

hello, you can refer to these LINK and LINK previous thread. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 4
Mark.Lancaster

@Chris

For the future please attach the log file directly to your posting and not use an outside source..  Sometimes users like myself will not click on certain links due to the security risk for our computers.

Next the shared log file contains the personal serial # that was assigned just to you.  Meaning you should review stuff before posting to ensure you are not sharing sensitive information on a world wide public user forum.  I will have the moderator remove the link to protect your serial #.

Now to your problem..

1.  It appears you're using the web installer method.  Please don't do that...   There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

2.  The log indicates there's another an installer still in place and two installer can't occur at the same time.   Reboot the machine and try using the methods listed in item #1.  If it still fails make sure all crucial Windows updates have been applied and none of them have hung or improperly installed.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report