Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 won't launch because of invalid network license. Error code -15.570.0

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chalgeo
1060 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2015 won't launch because of invalid network license. Error code -15.570.0

The networked license service was deployed on a virtual Windows Server 2008 R2 standard with Flexera LMTOOLS v11.12.0.0 build 136775 i86_n3.

I wonder if it's supported.

2014-10-14 10_40_54-Licensing Error.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: chalgeo

It is supported. 

You might be blocking firewall ports 27000-27009 and 2080, or the client might be trying to connect via IPv6 instead of IPv4.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
chalgeo
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the quick reply. I read your post earlier and ruled out the causes. I'm trying to install LMTOOLS bundled with the suite, which is a 64-bit.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

If your Revit is, in fact, a network version then you need to install and configure the LMTOOLS.  That means you need to get a license file registered from Autodesk or your Reseller.  Until you get this configured, your Revit will not launch. 

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

However, if your Revit is a stand-alone activation, then you need to reinstall as stand-alone and simply activate the product over the Internet. 

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
chalgeo

I meant re-install LMTOOLS. Our Revit license is network type license.

The error still persists after I tried 64 bit. Please see below both logs of two installation.

8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Vendor Daemon ===
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Vendor daemon: adskflex
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Start-Date: Fri Oct 10 2014 08:49:07 Mountain Daylight Time
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) PID: 2084
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) VD Version: v11.12.0.0 build 136775 i86_n3 ( build 136775 (ipv6))
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@)
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Startup/Restart Info ===
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Options file used: None
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Is vendor daemon a CVD: No
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Is TS accessed: No
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) TS accessed for feature load: -NA-
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Number of VD restarts since LS startup: 0
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Network Info ===
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Socket interface: IPV6
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Listening port: 2080
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Daemon select timeout (in seconds): 1
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Host Info ===
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Host used in license file: YYCLIC
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Running on <Physical/Virtual>:  Virtual
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Hypervisor (if virtual): Hyper-V
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) LMBIND needed: No
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) LMBIND port: -NA-
 8:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) ===============================================
 9:00:34 (adskflex) TCP_NODELAY NOT enabled
12:49:07 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) ===============================================

11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) ===============================================
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Vendor Daemon ===
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Vendor daemon: adskflex
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Start-Date: Tue Oct 14 2014 11:43:10 Mountain Daylight Time
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) PID: 1916
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) VD Version: v11.12.0.0 build 136775 x64_n6 ( build 136775 (ipv6))
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@)
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Startup/Restart Info ===
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Options file used: None
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Is vendor daemon a CVD: No
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Is TS accessed: No
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) TS accessed for feature load: -NA-
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Number of VD restarts since LS startup: 0
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Network Info ===
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Socket interface: IPV6
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Listening port: 2080
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Daemon select timeout (in seconds): 1
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) === Host Info ===
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Host used in license file: EDM-LIC
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Running on <Physical/Virtual>:  Virtual
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) Hypervisor (if virtual): Hyper-V
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) LMBIND needed: No
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) LMBIND port: -NA-
11:43:10 (adskflex) (@adskflex-SLOG@) ===============================================

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

I don't see a problem with the license manager.

Make sure that there are licenses available on the server status tab.  Run a status enquiry.

Then make sure you can PING the NLM from the client and get the correct IPv4 address. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
DarrenP

i agree with Travis

it doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the license manager

a -15 error means it can't connect to the license server which could mean several things

1. firewall which you said you eliminated to be sure its not the firewall i would turn it off and see if revit grabs a license

2. it could be timing out which you can try adding this enviroment variable: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
chalgeo

My issue has been fixed. Found out there was a conflict between a 64-bit  and 32bit FlexNet executables, which both bind the licenses to port 27000 without showing any error. See screenshots for how I troubleshot the problem by identifiying  the Process ID. Once I changed the port, both master daemon and vendor daemon run fine.

Thanks Travis for helping out.

lgs.PNG

27000.PNG

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

Excellent.  Thanks for the update.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report