Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015, Setup.exe - Entry point not found

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drmattsuu
1230 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2015, Setup.exe - Entry point not found

I've been getting this error when trying to install Autodesk Revit 2015 (see attached).

Having searched around I've found no help (I don't consider wiping and re-installing my OS an option right now). If anyone knows specifically what DLL is out of sync and where to find one that is in-sync with the installer it would be hugely appreciated, I've been debugging and investigating this for days now with no avail.

Error message reads;

The procedure entry point

?SetRetryButtonText@BalloonDialog@@QAEXVCString@WTL@@@Z

could not be located in the dynamic link library

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2015_English_Win_64Bit_R2_dlm\Setup\SetupUi.dll

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dembkod
in reply to: drmattsuu

drmattsuu

Hello. Corrupt download maybe, or your Antivirus is turned on. Delete the installation files you have now and re-download.

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Now try to install.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 5
drmattsuu
in reply to: dembkod

Unfortunately I've tried these things already, with no progress. I even went as far as downloading it and installing it on a test machine to ensure the download was fine before attempting to install it on my machine, to the same result. I'd also like to add that the same happens with other 2015 editions of Autodesk's BIM/Modeling software.
Message 4 of 5
ParadigmAE
in reply to: drmattsuu

drmattsuu,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'll currently having the same issue. Actually reformated the workstation and it still won't work. But I can go to another workstation and Revit installs without a problem..

Thanks

Abraxas

Message 5 of 5
drmattsuu
in reply to: ParadigmAE

Sorry, unfortunately I never did find the solution to this; I ended up just buying a new machine that now serves purely as a revit machine. Best bet would be just re-installing windows at this point I think.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report