Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 R2 UR 5 Silent Deployments

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
r.robert.bell
830 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2015 R2 UR 5 Silent Deployments

I followed the instructions for modifying a deployement to install UR5 for Revit 2015 R2. My deployment was silent. Not so much anymore. The instructions for UR5 work to deploy the update silently... until there is a dialog that displays to proudly proclaim that the update is installed. Not really that silent, is it? Smiley Wink

I need to get rid of the offending completion dialog. Any ideas how to add UR5 to an R2 deployment and really have it be silent?

Here is the official procedure.

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
m_latz
in reply to: r.robert.bell

I have just executed the "Autodesk_Revit_2015-x64_Update5_forR2_Deployments.exe" file on my pc. The exe extracts in the %TEMP% folder a file called MSP2 or MSP3, which looks like this is a .msp (windows installer patch).

Important: This file is deleted after the execution of the .exe file. But in the case if you have no revit installed you get a error message. And as long as the error message is on the screen you can go to your %temp% folder and copy the file to another location.

Remember if UAC is enabled and you execute "as Admin" locate the %temp% folder of the "Admin".

Rename the file to i.e. RevitUp5.msp and try to apply this to your existing Revit installation (do this only on a test pc or virtual machine !).

If this works my assumption that the .exe extract a .msp and tries to apply, is correct.

Then you can use this .msp file and include it in your deployment and append the .msp patch to your "depoly.ini" file.

You know how to ?

I have not tried this because I have no Revit 2015 installations sources, but I think this could work.

regards

Markus

Message 3 of 4

Autodesk support asked if I had added the /q switch per the instructions, which I was sure I had done. However, I checked my deployment and the switch was missing. I added the switch and tested the deployment again and I did not see the offending dialog appear.

Case closed!

(Just add the switch per the instructions, dummy!)

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec
Message 4 of 4
r.robert.bell
in reply to: m_latz

I extracted an MSP using the /e switch on the executable, but it did not create a valid MSP that could be added to the deployment. The solution was to follow the posted instructions and make sure you add the /q switch per the instructions.

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report