Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015: Operating System Unsupported Message - On Windows 7, 64bit

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
lina.polina
30932 Views, 25 Replies

Revit 2015: Operating System Unsupported Message - On Windows 7, 64bit

Hi there!

I having an issue setting up Revit 2015 (Educational Version - 3 year lisence).

My windows seems to fit all the parameters:

Windows 7 Unlimited

64-bit operating system

8GB Ram

Intel Core i5 CPU  M520 @2.40GHz

Yet I am getting this lovely lessage during the set up process: "Operating System Unsupported Message" (see pic attached)

Am I missing something or is this just a temp. glitch that has not yet been resolved? Feedback would be much appreciated. I don't mind seting up Revit 2014 if I have to but I just wanted to know what the issue is so that there is at leat an explanation why revit 2015 is not setting up.

Thank you!

Polina

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
pendean
in reply to: lina.polina

What's the full name if the file you downloaded?
Message 3 of 26
lina.polina
in reply to: pendean

I am not to sure what you are asking me.
This is the file I get once I go though chosing that I want to install Revit 2015, in English:

Autodesk_Revit_2015_English_Win_64bit_wi_en-US_Setup.exe

I save it and run it and don't get anywhere after that...because the operational system message pops up.
Message 4 of 26
DannyHubbard

Do you have Service Pack 1 installed for Windows 7?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 26
TravisNave

You have to run Windows 7 SP1 for Revit 2015 products. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 26
lina.polina

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I checked and Windows 7 SP1 is set up. I also made sure the updates are up to date (before I set up Revit) and still no luck.

Polina

Message 7 of 26
DannyHubbard

Polina,

The only reasons you would get the unsupported error message installing Revit 2015 on Windows 7.

1. You don't have Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 installed.
  2. You are trying to install a 32-bit version of Windows 7.

To verify these go to Control Panel, pick on System and Security then pick on System (please post a screen capture of this dialog if you are unsure)

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 26
TravisNave

Can you verify by right-clicking on My Computer then going to Properties?  The general tab should read Windows 7 SP1. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 26
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

we can rule out 32 bit on a 64 bit OS

with revit 2015 there is no 32 bit version anymore

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 26
lina.polina

Great thanks!

I will look into it closer...maybe i was checking somewhere else.

Message 11 of 26
jasonavivian

Would this message come up if you have less than 4GB of physical or even "usable" memory?

I have a laptop that has 3GB (2.86 usable) and I'm getting this message with SP1 installed and on 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

Has all updates, I just wonder if this is a general message for not fullfilling this requrement too.

Message 12 of 26
7alawa

hello

i have a problem downloading revit 15 due to the message of operating system un supporet and i have every requirment and the sp1 download is successful but when i open right click on my computer it just says windows 7 ultimate

can anyone help

Message 13 of 26

Hi! I have the same problem, here is the screen capture of my system could you help me please?screen.jpg

Message 14 of 26
shi0007

how about Windows 7 Home premium

Message 15 of 26
TravisNave
in reply to: shi0007

Message 16 of 26
fallenz

i have the same problem. im running windows 64bit professional edition and i have enough free space. can anyone help?

Tags (1)
Message 17 of 26
dsommer
in reply to: fallenz

I am having the same issue.  Any resolution?

Message 18 of 26
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: dsommer

If you are attempting to install Revit 2015 on a 64-bit Windows 7 system and an unsupported operating system message is displayed, this means you have not installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, which is a requirement for the Revit 2015 installation.  Once you've installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, you can launch the Revit 2015 installation again and this warning will no longer be displayed.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 19 of 26
dcano9090
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hi! I have the same problem, here is the screen capture of my system could you help me please?

SISTEMA.PNG

Message 20 of 26
dsommer
in reply to: dcano9090

My issues was that I did not have Service Pack 1 installed.  Your system shows that is is installed.  Did you recently install it?  If you have not rebooted since the installation, then reboot and try to install again.  If that does not work, I would talk to Autodesk Support.

Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report