Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Installation isn't working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
clang1066
212 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2015 Installation isn't working

Before starting I changed my computer settings to "never" sleep.  When downloading the Revit 2015 software, I inadvertantly used the default install from Autodesk instead of the Browser Download.  It appeared to be "exploding" the zipped files, but then the routine "hung" for about an hour, so I cancelled it and deleted the downloaded file from my Downloads folder.  Did not "uninstall" because the Revit software install never started.  Then went back into Autodesk, re-downloaded the Revit program . . . this time it got all the way through to launching the install in Revit - when I entered my serial number and product key, the installation just stopped - the "next" button was not active.  

I checked for possible problems, turned off my firewall.  I can't seem to get the Revit 2015 Install to start again.   I checked installed programs and Revit 2015 is not listed, so I can't uninstall it and start over.  Do I still need to be logged into AutoDesk while the the install runs?  

I've attached the directory tree in my Autodesk folder.  Do I need to erase all the files and start the entire process over again? 

Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dembkod
in reply to: clang1066

clang1066,

Hello. If you enter the serial and product key, your next button should be active unless you entered a bad key or serial. If the installer is corrupt, I would download from here:

http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Delete the files in the c:\autodesk\ folder and then redownload.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report