Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Installation Error 1603 and 1619, Microsoft Visual C++

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dsmit137
948 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2015 Installation Error 1603 and 1619, Microsoft Visual C++

Hi, 

So I've been trying to install Revit 2015 for a few days and it keeps failing to do so. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 15t. have noticed on the installation log files that the common error is 1619 and 1603 results that deals with the Microsoft VC++ Redistrutable (x64) and (x86) files. I've read comments about how to fix it yet nothing has been working. I have the most recent installation log file attached someone please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: dsmit137

Hello dsmit137 and welcome to the forum,

Your log is showing a failure installing the medium image library from the material library as the point of failure. 

2015/1/20:17:17:40 Metri DEMETRIUS Install Autodesk Material Library 2015 - Medium Image Library Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Go ahead and try manually installing those packagaes and let us know the results. Install in the order below. To install each package just double click the MSI file and follow the prompts. 

• Autodesk Material Library 2015: C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2015\Content\ADSKMaterials\2015\CM\MaterialLibrary2015.msi.
  • Autodesk Material Library 2015 Base Image Library: C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2015\Content\ADSKMaterials\2015\ILB\BaseImageLibrary.msi.
  • Autodesk Material Library 2015 Medium Image Library: C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Revit 2015\Content\ADSKMaterials\2015\ILM\MediumImageLibrary.msi.

If you get an error let us know what it said. If it completes try the Revit install again. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
dsmit137
in reply to: asburyj

Hi thanks for the reply Jeffry

I tried the first step manually and it worked. 

The second however, came up with an error talking about a missing file from the Base_T cabinet folder. 

The third step also said something similiar about a missing file. Attached are screenshots of both errors

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
asburyj

Travis is right about redownloading. According to the error and your screenshot your installation folder is missing a cab file or two from the mateiral library. I would suggest delete the install folder you have and redownload the full installer. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 6
dsmit137
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks Jeff it installed and is ready to go!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report