Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Content Library Prompts for Credentials Under System Account

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
r.robert.bell
520 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2015 Content Library Prompts for Credentials Under System Account

I have a deployment stored on a DFS share for Revit 2015 that I created from BDS Premium and it installs silently without issue when I launch it as an admin user. However, our IT department wants to use SCCM to deploy the application and they are running into an issue.

They are installing the app under the system account (e.g. whoami returns nt authority\system). When they do this, as soon as the deployment hits the content libraries, they are prompted for network credentials. The odd part is that if they cancel the dialog box, the install proceeds normally. This is not an issue with SCCM because I can replicate the issue manually when using the system account to launch the deployment.

To replicate the issue you need PSExec:

1. Use the following from an elevated command prompt:
  2. psexec -i -s cmd.exe
  3. You should get a new command prompt window.
  4. In the new window verify that is using the system account by using the following:
  5. whoami
  6. You should get "nt authority\system" returned.
  7. Launch your deployment from the network share.
  8. Install proceeds normally until...
  9. As soon as the Revit Content Libraries are hit, I get a prompt to input network credentials.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? We obviously cannot push a deployment when there is a mysterious dialog popping up for attention.

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: r.robert.bell

Hi Robert,

What customization has been done to your deployment? Could it be prehaps your deployment is customized to have Revit content on a Share on your domain and the system account is getting stuck because it has no domain access when it tried to check that directory? 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 5
r.robert.bell
in reply to: asburyj

Yes, the deployment has been modified to use shared locations for the content. Please see the attached image.

If the content has already been installed to the shared location, is there any reason to include the Content Libraries in the deployment when I'm providing a custom Revit.ini file for the actual Revit deployment?

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec
Message 4 of 5
asburyj
in reply to: r.robert.bell

If the deployment has custom content paths on the network the installer is going to try and check that patch during install if it's specified. If you are deploying with SCCM you may want to just leave those paths and the defaut and then make the changes after the fact with a custom profile or something like that. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 5
r.robert.bell
in reply to: asburyj

I was able to resolve the issue by selecting to not install the content. The content already exists on the network and I deploy using a custom Revit.ini with the correct content paths already defined so I need no need to have the deployment install the content just to specify the shared paths.

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report