Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Application Manager service error when trying to install

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
fernandez.jennifer999
732 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2015 Application Manager service error when trying to install

I hope you can help me figure out what step I'm missing. 

I installed CAD 2015 on my brand-new HP PC with Windows 8.1, no problem.  But when I tried to install Revit 2015, it threw up some errors.  The first one said a component was already in use. I thought perhaps it was part of the CAD I had already installed. So I decided to uninstall everything from Autodesk, and start over, but this time installing Revit first. Also, I temporarily removed the McAfee software, because I thought the security might be causing a problem.

I was able to follow the online Autodesk uninstall directions--including deleting all the temp files--for every file except one: The Autodesk file under Program Data. I cannot delete the securedatastorage.sds file in that Autodesk folder (or the autodesk folder itself, for that matter). It's telling me "the file is open in the Autodesk Application Manager service".  I deleted the Application Manager long ago, and I know I did because if you search my computer for it, you will get no results. Also, all mention of it on my Start screen is gone, as well as any Autodesk shortcuts. The only Autodesk-related mention of any sort left on my pc is that file under Program Data. So how could I close it?

What am I missing?  Why does it think my Application Manager Service is still open somewhere, and why can't I delete this last Autodesk folder on my computer?  I assume that's necessary before I try to re-install Revit 2015 and then CAD 2015...and I haven't even addressed the other errors in the log yet; this is just the first one.

Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Well, we got this first error solved, anyhow. By going into Task Manager, we were able to close it ("End task"), then it let us uninstall the Application Manager. On to the next two errors!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report