Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2014 update 1 doesn't instal on BDSP 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LukaszMaleszewski
998 Views, 3 Replies

revit 2014 update 1 doesn't instal on BDSP 2014

Hello,

I got suggestion after REVIT 2014 crash form Autodest CER to instal update 1. It doeasn't work, i mean i cannot instal it from provided link it stops at asking for path of instalation files, i show it stick location (i got autodesk stick) although its folder structure is different form one proposed by instalation guide. I manually pick RVT2014.msi but it doesn't work. I tried also with different version of update (the one i found on autodek page).

Can i do anything to make it work?

best regards,

Łukasz Maleszewski

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: LukaszMaleszewski

Hello. I would make sure to download the package fully first, and then run it. Make sure Antivirus is turned off too. Did you install Revit from a Suite?

If so, can you download the service pack from here and retest:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=16831210

It is also possible it is looking for temp files that are no longer on your system.

Worst case scenario, you could uninstall and when you reinstall, configure Revit to downlado and install the service pack at the same time.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4

"I am not a number I am free man!!!" 😄

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I installed revit from a suite. My antivirus was off during install.

I tried the file form your link using the update 1 file from BDSP 2014 section an i got this messege:

"Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product Revit 2014. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

I guess I'l try with reinstall, but it would be a long way to do so every time with 16 licenses.

best regards

Łukasz Maleszewski

edit:PS. I tried also through live update, becouse it came up to communication center today, but it failed also, seems like it is because of stick different catalog structure. Mine is: E:\x64\RVT2014, and default is: E:\autodesk14\x64\RVT2014\

Message 4 of 4

Reinstallation of Revit 2014 from stick (BDSM 2014) worked (but I had to uninstall and then install, the reinstall function seems incompatible with autodesk usb stick).

The file info says that it includes update 1, although in communication center live update maintenance still informs me about the update I guess it has to be like that.

Thanks for your solution, if you find any way to make it a bit faster then reinstalling product (it took lots of time) then I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

Łukasz Maleszewski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report